2,698 results
All reviews business class john lewis business room car park free movies city centre junior suite nespresso machine train station standard room motorpoint arena floor to ceiling windows corner room top floor lovely hotel few minutes walk would stay again
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We stayed for a wedding and my wife's 30th birthday. Check in was excellent I got upgraded to a business class room on a high floor for a small extra fee.
The hotel is really nice as Raddisons always usually are. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the view over Cardiff excellent.
The breakfast was delicious, so much variety and everything in it was fantastic.

I am not going to take a point off for this but the wardrobe in the room with the tacky diamond handles looks very out of place. It's particularly odd for a Scandinavian hotel and we should know my wife is Swedish.

The other negative was that the parking was full (i knew this might be the case) but this was unclear until I tried to drive into the parking which resulted in a very tricky 3 point turn in a long car as i didn't fancy reversing back into a busy road. Could a sign be made visible from the road perhaps when it is full?

But despite those two very minor issues we had an absolutely fantastic stay and I am sure we will be back again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Sameer G, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and on behalf of all the hotel team I thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for our wedding anniversary as it has a great central location for the town. Limited on site parking. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Great service from all staff. Nice breakfast buffet. Definitely recommend

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2018

The location of the hotel could not be better, and we never needed a bus, even with bags. The checkin and checkout was very fast indeed, and we did ask, is that all? The breakfast left nothing to be desired, and we still couldn't finish all the many options on offer, even after three sittings. They offer a la carte inclusive, which was a feature that we first experienced at Radissons in Ireland. Most of the staff seemed to be immigrants or non-Welsh, but we didn't find that to be a disadvantage. We loved the standard room, and the view from our room, opposite the John Lewis and with a view of the Stadium, showed us that we were definitely in Cardiff and nowhere else. The hotel is still under construction, and the path to it is blocked on one side of the road. From the station you have to approach it from the other side of the road, or you will be sent on a long detour. On our second day we went on a tour to the Brecon Beacons national park, which was amazing. Tours depart from the National Museum, which is near the Castle. Shopping at the Queen's Street mall is very good too. We picked up some budget clothes on the pedestrian walk, and had a delicious Cuban meal at Revolución de Cuba Cardiff. There is lots to do in Cardiff, and this is a great base to do it from.

Room Tip: A higher floor probably gives even better views
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LocalActingGlobal
Sameer G, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Very welcome change to get into a business hotel like this after a couple of weeks in B&B style hotels, rather spacious room, comfy bed, aircon. Room overlooked railway and even though the room was on the 16th floor we could hear the trains. There was an ongoing outside renovation but it didn’t make much noise. Garage was full so we had to park over at John Lewis. Breakfast was a little above average. All in all it’s 3,5 but clearly closer to 4 than 3.

Stayed: September 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with our daughter’s in the junior suite on 20th floor. This floor had the best views of Cardiff Bay and the room was perfectly suited to a family of four (3 year old and 4 month old)

Our only minor gripes was the lack of and cost of parking although there is an £8 a day ncp car park 5 mins away. There was also no trolley to aid us with our luggage but a member of staff on hand to help.

Breakfast was lovely as was the room service. ‘Jamie’ provided excellent service.

A great plus is that the hotel is walking distance to shops and Cardiff’s main attraction.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family