“Good except for dirty floor”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Camrose, Canada
“Good except for dirty floor”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Given a room on the 18th floor overlooking the sea and railroad. Very quiet. Modern decor. Comfortable. But the floor was filthy. Stained carpet, not vacuumed and bathroom floor had dried water stains so had not been washed. The room was otherwise clean, so I assume it was missed. Excellent location, 3 minute walk from shopping and excellent dining. I'm sure if I had called down, they would have cleaned the floor but I was too tired, just wore my sandals. All in all, a nice hotel. Excellent breakfast!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the mail. I am Very sorry about the room floor, this is certainly not how we wish to be viewed. We pride ourselves on quality and this does not echo what we ourselves aim for.
Please could you call me so we can resolve this situation for you.

Christopher Peach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Cardiff for a wedding and were looking for somewhere central to stay at a reasonable price. This hotel fitted the bill so we booked. We arrived a couple of hours before check in and asked to leave the bags. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was just as we'd expected. The breakfast was also excellent. It's difficult to fault anything really.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Great review thank you very much

Best regards

Denham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had a totally wonderful weekend stay at this town centre hotel recently. When I say town centre, I mean town centre. Out of the hotel doors and a 120 metre walk will find you in a huge shopping centre with many shopping arcades and malls, complete with multitudes of eateries and pubs.
Hotel is easy to miss if you happen to be the one who is driving and searching (plus having the tendency to ignore hotel flags) Parking is very limited and is very much pot luck on arrival, however don't let that put you off, there are quite a few multi-storey car parks close by. Arrived fairly early Friday afternoon and was lucky enough to grab a parking spot in the hotels car park (£8 a day)
Booking in went very smoothly and reception staff were very pleasant to deal with. Our allocated room on the 7th floor gave us an amazing view over the old docklands which has been extensively rebuilt and modernised. Could find no fault whatsoever with our room, it had every need catered for, even down to an ice bucket. Bed was very comfortable, but did find the pillows a bit hard.
Food was good and the wine was fine!
For a weekend getaway combined with retail therapy, you will be hard pressed to find a better hotel in such a great location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the detailed review.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Rooms are very clean, modern and spacious and the location is convenient for the centre of Cardiff.

Mixed experiences with the staff, front office staff are very helpful and friendly but sometimes need to work faster when there are large queues. Back office staff very unhelpful and even rude when I wanted a copy of the bill!

Room Tip: Parking expensive and limited space, far cheaper to use the John Lewis car park over the road
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments, without which we would not be able to improve.
i will investigate what went wrong and improve the situation.

We hope you will give us another try.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for one night, wanted somewhere central between the train station and the University of South Wales and this fit the bill. The room was clean and I have never seen anywhere so well equipped, iron & ironing board, kettle, hairdryer, fan...everything you could need.
The hotel doesn't look anything special from the outside but the reception is bright, the beds comfortable, rooms well equipped and breakfast extensive. Great value for a city center hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Great Review, Happy to hear it.

Verwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a reservation at the Hotel on 23 Feb 2014. On that booking I requested a disabled parking bay (as I have done before and the hotel has always reserved it for me). I arrived on 18th April - parked in disabled slot and checked in. I then went to see my parents. When I returned the parking bay had been used and what was even worse ALL parking was full. I complained to doorman but he just shrugged his shoulders and said its full. As I have walking issues I asked where I could park and he just said there are loads of multi-story ones near by - he was not interested that i was disabled. BY LAW they should provide 2 disabled parking bays minimum (there is only one for 36 normal) and then 6% of total or if they provide 4 then 4%. So they are breaking the UK Disabled Discrimination Law ! I had to park about 1/2 mile away in an open air unsecure car park and then using my walking aid walk to hotel along broken pavement. Then to top it all when I went to check out they tried to charge me 3 days parking !!!!! I have used this hotel 3 times .....BUT I WILL NOT AGAIN. As you can tell I am very annoyed at this as it took the edge of my Easter weekend.

Room Tip: Some rooms starting to look tired and for some reason A/C makes a noise all night even when turned O...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
alan m, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thanks for your review of our hotel. There are a few issues you made mention of which I would love the opportunity to discuss with you separately. I would be delighted if you would contact me separately to have a chat about how we can make this situation right for you.

Kind regards,
Alan
Kangar
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Booked this hotel through an independent website, with no cancellation refund or breakfast included.
Location is perfect, a very short walking distance from the Cardiff Central Station. Turn right as you exit the station. Restaurants, shopping arcades are all nearby.
Arrived a little more than 1 hour early but the room is ready on the 14th floor.
The room is clean, bright and spacious.
Toilet is clean and modern with sufficient toiletries and love the ginger/lemongrass-infused shower gel.
Housekeeping comes early at around 9-10am.
Toilet flush and one of the bathroom lights are not working, but these are detected by the housekeeping. Maintenance was called and remedial actions taken promptly and efficiently.
Reservation counter staff, housekeeping and maintenance staff are all polite, welcoming and efficient.
Nothing great about the view though. But my window's facing east and thus able to see the sunrise every morning..so that's something.
Overall, a very satisfying and good stay and for the price that i got, it's perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for the full review and detailed comments

We hope to welcome you back again soon