Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had not stayed here before, and found it very pleasant, central and good value. The rooms were pretty much what you would expect of this type of hotel, but what was surprising was how nice the on-site restaurant was. It was Italian focussed and very good quality. Good range of wines too. Service for dinner and breakfast was very nice and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular your comments regarding dinner in Filini. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback onto our team; they will be delighted to hear such nice words. We are just about to launch our summer menu with some real cracking dishes on there.

I do hope to see you back with us soon.

Jens

Write a ReviewReviews (2,480)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here several times now. A nice modern hotel with car parking facilities and also very close to Cardiff Main Station. A towering building with great views of the City. Close to the City Centre, and easy walking distance to Main Shops, Theatres and Millenium Stadium. Comfortable rooms, with free Wi Fi. Breakfast too expensive, but will set you up for the day if you are a big eater.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

How lovely to hear from a repeat guest such as yourself! Many guests comment on the fantastic city panoramas afforded from our windows, so I’m glad that you continue to appreciate them! Our location right in the heart of Cardiff is perfect for shopping, nightlife, Millennium Stadium, Motorpoint Arena and countless other points of interest, making your trip to Cardiff as straightforward as possible. Nutritionists have cited breakfast as the most important meal of the day, and our Super Breakfast Buffet is indeed quite a feast. Our menu contains something for every diet.

Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

stayed 2 nights for a CIPHE conference great hotel excellent food with superior service the room was bigger than average compared to London hotels and spotlessly clean the bar on the first floor sold a good range of beers at releasable prices.
i would stay there again only bad point the car park is tiny and is soon full you then have to park in the shopping center car park across the road.

Room Tip: Non smoking 16th floor nice view bright rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Great to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that you found time to ample the range of beers in our bar! It’s also lovely to know that the conference you attended went off without a hitch, our food is definitely something we are pretty proud about.
As you noted, we do have a limited area for parking spaces and we attempt to manage this space as efficiently as possible. There are many other car parks nearby such as the John Lewis car park, which most of our guests are happy to use as an alternative.

We hope to see you all back again next year.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location in the heart of Cardiif and within easy walking distance of shopping, stadium, and the major entertainment venues,

Friendly efficient check in, very smart and well equipped room, excellent breakfast and service, no delays at check out and a friendly farewell.

Superb standard on everything all the way throughout our weekend. The biggest surprise was to find out that the hotel was right beside the railway lines yet the sound insulation was so good you would never have known.

Room Tip: No problem being ion higher floors because the lift service is very prompt, no delays
1  Thank bobnjill

What a lovely review! I am thrilled that our staff exhibited such a high standard of customer service – this is so important to us. As you said, our sound-proofing is excellent, ensuring you always sleep soundly when you stay with us.

Radisson Blu Hotel has a prime location in Cardiff’s city centre and I hope you will use us as your base next time you holiday in the city.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a great weekend in this hotel. I agree with what other people had said about the lifts, it was however a talking point. Only down side on service was that we had to find somebody and ask for a pot of tea at Breakfast, after waiting for 10 mins. Other than that would recommend it, very convenient for Central Cardiff and if you are going to the Motorpoint Arena.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I appreciate your feedback about our lift system – this is an issue we are currently working on. I am disappointed to read that service wasn’t quite up to scratch at breakfast – many guests comment on our efficient staff, so I apologise for the wait and can promise if we have you back at the hotel you will be pleasantly surprised.

Location is so important when selecting a hotel, so I am thrilled that you agree that we tick all the boxes on this front.

We hope you’re both come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stopped here on a Friday night for an event at St David's Hall. I arrived by train and it is only a five minutes walk to the hotel. Checking in was straightforward. I had asked for a quiet room so was a little anxious when I opened the curtain to see the train lines and a busy road just four floors below. In fact these proved to be no problem whatsoever. Neither was there any noise from fellow guests, which might have been expected on a Friday night in a capital city.

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom well appointed with nice toiletries and plenty of towels. It had a touch of luxury reminiscent of top quality French chains. Small annoyance, the cups are very small. I would have liked the option of a mug. Had I been stopping for more than one night I would have asked for one.

Within five minutes of the hotel you have excellent public transport connections, shopping, cafes, restaurants, bars etc and a wide range of entertainment venues. Within ten minutes you have the University, the Millennium Stadium and the business quarter. The location is excellent.

I have not stopped in a Raddison Blu hotel before. I had a good deal (36% discount) and was impressed. Full price, room service and breakfast did seem expensive but I am not familiar with Cardiff hotel prices.

I was impressed with my stay at the price I paid for the room.

Room Tip: Add your request to any online booking. Talk to reception. Any hotel worth using wants you to have a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback about your stay with us.
Cardiff is a bustling city, but our sound-proofing is excellent, so I am pleased that you enjoyed a peaceful night’s sleep. Many guests comment on the luxurious feel of our bathroom facilities, so I am delighted that we were on the money on this front for you. We are always happy to provide larger mugs to guests on request – sometimes a big steaming coffee is a necessity in the mornings!

As you pointed out, our location really is excellent. We are within quick and easy access of all of Cardiff’s sights, with great shopping and nightlife on our doorstep.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arrived Friday at mid day to leave our luggage as check in not until 3pm but our room was ready on the 11th floor which was a bonus with check in being really efficient. Room was lovely and quiet with no noise coming from outside or, indeed inside considering there were several stag and hen do's staying too. Bed was comfortable and our room was very clean - the bathroom was the best bit!. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and efficient with the service in the restaurant at breakfast time being especially efficient -nothing was too much trouble - I asked for Fried eggs and they were there within minutes. The hotel was so convenient for shopping, seeing a show and nightlife. Would definitely stay again a lovely birthday weekend.

Room Tip: The higher the better - look out not down - the railway line was beneath us but the Bristol Channel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a lovely review – it sounds like we ticked all the boxes for you during your stay! We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient customer service ethos – we appreciate that your time is valuable, so I am pleased that you appreciated speedy service in our restaurant. Our location is ideal for exploring all that Cardiff has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.