Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff
$117
Marriott Hotels
$88
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$160
$154
$203
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$73
$70
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$97
$48
$70
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$122
$118
2,587 results
All reviewsbusiness classjohn lewisbusiness roomcar parkfree moviescity centrejunior suitetrain stationcoffee machinestandard roommotorpoint arenafloor to ceiling windowstop floorcorner roomlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentfew minutes walk
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this room as a treat night away, my boyfriend is working just outside of Cardiff for a few weeks, neither of us had been to Cardiff before.

Booking over the phone with Diego was simple and easy, he was helpful, friendly and efficient.

I arrived at the hotel at 12 noon to find the room was ready, so we were checked in promptly by John Lee, who again, was very hospitable. The hotel is only 450m from the Central train station, incredibly easy to find and central.

Had booked a Business Class room and wasn't disappointed. Views from the 21st floor were lovely from the corner room (two sides were windows). The room was made up beautifully and nice little touches like the coffee machine, toiletries and dressing gown. We were also given two drinks vouchers to use at the bar on the first floor, which was thoughtful.

Breakfast in bed was another treat and did not disappoint, we didn't need lunch and everything was of good quality and delivered at the time requested.

Only one small niggle, there were some dark hairs on the bed linen when we arrived, but other than that, the room was spotless and well maintained.

The staff we encountered from start to finish were friendly, warm and helpful. It is a shame we were only staying one night, as could've happily stayed for longer.

Hoping I need another reason to stay in a Radisson Blu again in the near future, was a pleasure.

Room Tip: Top floor - level 21 if you book a business class room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jens H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first trip to Cardiff. I am delighted my staff were able to assist you efficiently and with a friendly personality. We really do have a wonderful team here at the hotel.

I am delighted we were able to get you checked in to your Business Class room straight away and I am pleased you appreciated the excellent room view. We offer the drinks vouchers as a welcome to our guests. We want everyone to have a wonderful stay so we do anything we can to help make our guests feel relaxed. We really are very proud of our breakfast here and breakfast in bed sounds even better.

Our staff work to the highest standards possible so your comment on the bed linen is disappointing.
I am though so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff throughout your stay and I do hope that you will be able to stay longer should you be in Cardiff again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived to be upgraded to business class. There was hair on the pillows and air conditioning unit hanging out causing it to rattle. I booked a double room with a kingsize bed but was given a 2 single beds strapped together which I didn't notice a first but only when we came back from our night out so just went to bed. These were by far the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in I ended up only getting a few hours sleep not being helped by curtains that don't keep the light out. I ended up complaining at 7am about the beds saying I booked a double room with a kingsize bed and not a twin and from Johnlee on reception I got a response that they strap them together so tight they become like one mattress. What a load of rubbish! I didn't want a upgrade I just wanted what I booked a decent bed for my girlfriend and me not leaving with my back aching from rotten sunken single beds trying to passed off as 1. So rather than apologise for not giving me what I booked he blamed housekeeping for not strapping the beds well enough, there was nothing anyone could have done to make those beds comfortable. I then went for breakfast which was ok but my coffee mug was dirty and there was brown slime in the milk jug. Come on get the basics right! So then checked out and left

Although we had a great night out in Cardiff and would come back just not this hotel, its a shame we left with no sleep and a back ache

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

The experience of our guests is everything and it appears on this occasion we did not meet the high standards we set and the standards you expect. As you have mentioned we provided you with an upgraded room and it is so disappointing to read you did not enjoy the new room. I am surprised to read you found the bed uncomfortable but I do appreciate your feedback. Your feedback on breakfast is also surprising. We are very proud of our breakfast here are Radisson Blu Cardiff but I will be discussing your comments with me staff to insure this is an area of our service that is improved further.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night to attend a concert. I booked a business class room but was. Very happy to receive a free upgrade to a junior suite. We arrived at the hotel at 1 pm to drop off our luggage but was pleased to find our room was already ready. The junior suites are on the highest floors and have great views of cardiff bay and the city.The room was large with a sitting area and two flat screen Tv s.The rooms contain everything you need from good quality toiletries, dressing gowns , iron and hair dryer. we couldn't work out how to use the coffee maker but housekeeping soon came and sorted that. Breakfast is a buffet and was very good quality and one of the best hotel breakfasts ive had for a while. The best thing about this hotel is the excellent location . It is only a five minute walk from the station and opposite John Lewis and all the shops and restaurants. I will definitely book this hotel again if staying in Cardiff as I couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Worth trying for an upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am so pleased we were able to offer you a free upgrade to a Junior Suite with a stunning view of Cardiff. I am also pleased you enjoyed the room and the many amenities provided. Our Super Breakfast buffet is something we are very proud of and you comments are so great to read.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon next time you are in Cardiff.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked our trip at short notice and got a special deal so we were a little apprehensive about what the hotel might be like. We were not disappointed. The location was fantastic, right in the centre of the city. Our room was on the 16th floor and had fantastic views over Cardiff. It was £15 to put our car in the hotel car park which was a bit of a shock so worth noting this if you bring your own vehicle.
We have a one year old baby and had asked for a travel cot to be put in the room. Disappointedly it wasn't there when we arrived but one was sent up to us within an hour. Although the room was a business room, it wasn't very spacious. Also housekeeping had missed some crumbs on the armchair. It's never nice to brush away somebody else's left overs. The ensuite was spacious And the shower and complimentary toiletries more than satisfactory.
One of the perks of booking a business room was that it came with its own coffee espresso machine. Unfortunately the instructions provided referred to different machine and we could not get this want to work. The minibar was also empty. I know this is the policy in some hotels but I always like to see a full fridge.
As it was a bank holiday weekend the Hotel was very busy. There was some noise late at night when revellers returned from a night out but all in all we had a good night's sleep. The bed and pillows were firm and comfortable.
Breakfast was served buffet style. As usual this meant that some of the food was quite congealed, But mainly it was of above average quality. The sausages in particular were very good But the scrambled eggs left a lot to be desired. However the staff was very helpful and washed our baby's bottles and breakfast proved to be pleasant.
Despite the fact that the hotel was very busy we had no problems with checkout and were dealt with promptly and efficiently. Note, there is no step free access from the car park to the hotel so be prepared for stairs. Not ideal for those with lots of luggage or prams!
To sum up we had a pleasant time at the Radisson Blu in Cardiff. While the standards were not perfect, our stay was trouble-free. If housekeeping was improved I would certainly have added another star to this review. However purely for the location, I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted you chose to stay with us on short notice and that you also appreciated the excellent views we get from our rooms. I am though disappointed to read your comment on not having a travel cot provided on arrival. Though I am please one was provided soon after and I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience. I am surprised about your comment on the quality of your room. Our housekeeping team work to the highest standards and I will be discussing your review with them to insure standards remain high.

I understand your comments on the espresso machine and mini fridge. Our staff are always on hand to help when ever needed and they would be more than happy to show you how to operate the espresso machine. It is always pleasing to know a guest have had a good night’s sleep, enjoying a comfortable bed.

We are very proud of our Super Breakfast Buffet with the quality and variety on offer. I am also pleased our staff were able to assist you with your baby’s breakfast and I hope you had an enjoyable start to the day.

Thank you for your very detailed review and I will be discussing improvement with my staff based on your review. I hope to see you again at the hotel and thank you for being happy to recommend us to friends and family.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in April 2013. Junior Suite on the 21st floor. Large room with good amenities. Plenty of space if you were staying as a family or for a longer length of time. Fantastic views. Hotel is really central with city shops, bars and restaurant on the doorstep. Staff were polite and the main entrance of the hotel is impressive. We were surprised to discover that there were no ice machines on each floor or any floor at all, even though our room had an ice bucket?. When we rang reception they did not seem to understand what we were asking for. Also we did find that some items of the junior suite were a little tatty, dusty shelves etc and the bathroom a little small, Would have been better off booking a business class room. Room service breakfast was surpurb.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room, views are fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing us a review. I am pleased you appreciated the space offered in your Junior Suite. You also make a good point about the space being suited to family guests. I am also glad you enjoyed the fantastic view from your room. It really is stunning.

Our location is ideal for the city centre with main shopping areas, restaurants and nightlife only a short walk away. I hope not too much inconvenience was caused when you required ice for your room. We will review and improve this service.

I am also concerned with you comment on the standard of your room. We take maintenance of our rooms seriously, so your feedback is important to us. I will discuss you points with my staff to improve the quality of our service. I am though delighted to read you enjoyed a superb room service breakfast.