Meridian Terrace Serviced Apartments
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$174
$165
$139
  • Pool
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$41
Very Good 4/5
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$178
Hotels.com
$162
$155
Great 4.5/5
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$98
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$64
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013

appartments basic & clean however one or two broken things such as mirror tiles & lights- minor but could have been loked at- good central location 20 mins walk approx to bay & 10mins to castle would use again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A group of 7 of us rented 3 one bedroom apartments for 2 nights and it was a great location to base our trip. It is a short 3 minute walk to the St. David's shopping centre and to nearby pubs. Also a nice walk down to Mermaid Quay (15 minute walk down a straight road).

Great value for money, with good city views and well sized rooms. There were clean sheets and towels, and all the kitchen appliances worked. Also there was no hassle in checking in and out. Beforehand I had to book an extra bed for our 7th guest and Ana was friendly, informative and helpful in booking the extra bed over the phone, and always prompt in replying to my email enquiries.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had booked for three nights for a business trip at last minute when availability very limited in city due to rock concert. As a female lone traveller had read some reviews about poor management and was concerned. Rang number for key code as arriving after hours and it was immediately text to my mobile. Very helpful receptionist (Ana) offered to keep my case in reception and put it in my apartment before she left so I did not have to take it to my training venue. On arrival the lock to the apartment was faulty and did not open. The security guard came to my assistance immediately and managed to get it open for me. However, concerned about not being able to trust the lock I rang the out of hours number. Ana returned my call immediately and promised a locksmith would come the next day to replace it. The lock was replaced, a text sent to my mobile with arrangements for collecting new key from the safe and all was well! Cannot fault the service. Apartment very comfortable. Noise from trains and buses was loud but not a problem once windows & patio door closed. No resident noise at all.Only items missing that would have been helpful were a tea towel, floor mat for the bathroom and a liquid soap dispenser on the wall in the kitchen for washing up. Other than that it was a great base, very centrally located.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a conference I was attending, because it was close to the city centre. When we arrived it was raining hard outside and we were all wet. We arrived about 50 mins before reception was due to close but there was nobody around so had to wait for an hour to get in. When we got to the room there was dirty water in our sink and not cleaned to a good standard.

The bathroom had no shower gel soap or toilet paper.

Regarding sleep, it was terrible! They gave us a room that was by the busy road and we never slept! There were cars speeding down the road 24 hours along with the noise of trains.

When I called the hotel contact number to ask to speak to the general manager there was no answer so gave up!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
michellebrownmax, General Manager at Meridian Terrace Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Max Apartments Cardiff. We work hard to ensure all guests enjoy their time with us and I am sorry if this was not so if you had some problems during your stay with us. The access codes are emailed to guests in advance of their stay and if you did not receive this I apologize. Our housekeeping team are normally very conscientious and work to the highest standard so I can assure you that should you return and we hope you will you will see the high standards that we normally provide for our guests.
We are proud of our city centre locations and apartment benefits and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing MAX.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was staying for business and as this came up at a good price and I knew it to be close to the town centre I thought it would be a nice change.

So Why was I disappointed?

*Communication was poor, I called the number for reception and out of about 10 attempts it was answered once. The reception was closed at 4.45 and a text arrived to give me the access codes. *The apartment itself had one bedroom and a through lounge/kitchen which looked ok but wasn't the cleanest it could be and the windows were filthy
*the real killer though was on a hot 30 degree day the blacony doors and window needed to be kept shut because of the proximity to the railway lines. A train spotters paradise with trains every 5 minutes or so, meant it was noisy and too hot......no aircon so it made it stuffy.

Not for me............