“Great meal but noisy venue”
Review of Strada

Strada
Ranked #156 of 1,226 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the trendy Mermaid Quay neighbourhood of Cardiff, Strada boasts picturesque seaside views and a large terrace for sunny al fresco dining. This popular Italian restaurant chain is famous for its authentic handmade pizzas - which are cooked in a traditional forno a legna wood-fired oven – and its extensive menu of rustic, regional pastas and puddings are made using only the finest fresh ingredients such as Parma ham, extra virgin olive oil and Buffalo mozzarella imported from Italy. Perfect for business lunches and cosy evening meals, you can’t go wrong with Strada’s successful formula of simple, tasty food combined with sleek design, friendly service and a buzzy, down-to-earth atmosphere. The proof, as they say, is in the pizza.
Wiltshire
“Great meal but noisy venue”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I should have taken to name of our waitress because she was delightful.

We arrived at 7.20 for 7.30 booking and were seated immediately. As the evening progressed, more and more people arrived and the acoustics meant it became very noisy to the point we had to shout to continue conversation!!

The food was great. I chose pumpkin and butternut squash risotto and give it 10 out of 10 - absolutely delicious!!

3 courses each with one bottle of wine and one soda water came to £85.

Visited September 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food at lunch time”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I went here for lunch. The restaurant was not busy, about 5 tables being used. Food was so good we will be returning soon. The waiter, Jack, was great, very pleasant and very efficient.

• Visited September 2012
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“great food, good service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

food here is excellent. been a couple of times and haven't been disappointed. staff attentive and food came within a reasonable time. blue cheese pizza extremely salty though so avoid if you dont like salt!!

Visited November 2011
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Pathetic value for money. pathetically small portions, noisey atmosphere. Very disappointed after highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
“If Italian is your thing wait and book somewhere else”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant for our wedding anniversary on Sat 15th September 2012 after I left it late and couldn't get a table at Bellinis or Signor Valentinos (both of which we've been to previously and enjoyed thoroughly).

I booked the table at short notice and there was plenty of availability....should have sent alarm bells ringing on a day when the Wales rally was being held at the bay.

I called as we were running late to update them, still no problem.

As we entered they had no record of our booking....despite two phone calls but still they had availability so we sat down.

First impressions.....nice layout, clean, tidy.

My wife wanted lasagne....a fairly simple dish. I'd checked when booking that this was on the menu and they confirmed it was. When reviewing the menu it transpired they only had that dish on the lunchtime menu but would make an exception.

The meals.....mine simple enough.....rib eye steak which was cooked to perfection but not exactly the moat complex of dishes. My wifes lasagne......clearly packet bought, dry, tasteless with little or no cheese on top. Mayonnaise had little effect in rescuing the dish so a waitress offered to change it......only to come back with the same piece of lasagne that had been placed under a grill after.being caked with cheese.....she now had dried out pasta filled with minced beef and a topping like cheese on toast.

We paid the bill and left. When paying the bill the waiter asked the standard....how was your meal to which I advised him how appalled I was at the lasagne and he simply replied.....oh dear we dont want anyone to have a bad meal!

No apologies, no efforts to take the offending item off the bill!

We eat in a number of restaurants in Cardiff and I have to say.....never again will I venture into Strada. Id rather my mothers attempt at lasagne for low rate Italian food but at least she doesn't hold herself out as an Italian restaurant.