Nice hotel, Friendly staff. Super restaurant. Gorgeous pool/sauna/steam room/jacuzzi. But dreadful decor. My room had a black wall, black furniture and very little lighting. The window looked out onto a blank wall, so there was very little natural light. With just 3 heavily shaded side lights, it was very difficult to work with so little light. If you love sludgy colours and black, this is the hotel for you.
On the plus side, the staff were really friendly and the food was lovely. The lockers in the fitness centre require a £1 coin which I didn't take with me but the staff lent me a £1 to save me going back up to my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Cardiff is just off the M4 - Junction 32 and is conveniently located 4 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City Centre and the Cardiff Bay area. Cardiff Train Station and Cardiff Airport or just 4 miles away. Nearby attractions include Caerphilly Castle, St Davids Dewi Sant and the Red Dragon Centre. Village Hotel Cardiff has 118 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Village Hotel Cardiff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Village Hotel Cardiff Wales