“What a little gem, wish I had found it sooner.”
Review of Maya

Maya
Ranked #47 of 1,554 Restaurants in Cardiff
Description: Delicious, authentic Indian food at our restaurant in Cardiff Maya is a new generation Indian restaurant. Health, vitality, fun, passion.... this is what we focus on when designing our menus and running our restaurants. Our aim is to provide you with a mouth-watering adventure like no other. We use only the freshest ingredients with authentic herbs and spices to flavour. Each dish is a masterpiec
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For the last 20 years we have been using a very pretentious, expensive Indian restaurant in Lakeside, that stops tonight !!
This place has better food, better service, twice the size portions, better ambiance for a fraction of the price...
I ordered two Makhani Chicken, two pilau rice and 3 Keema naan bread.
Not only did I save about £14, I was also given popadoms and dips and salad as complimentary.
The portions were also ' twice the size' and cooked in front of me and delicious.
My Mrs and youngest has another sitting sat in the fridge for tomorrow.
All of this with fantastic, friendly service.
The place has a lovely feel about it as you walk through the door.
For a moment I thought I was abroad !
As you can tell really,really pleased I now have a new local.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The reviews for this restaurant are well deserved. Great food friendly staff and interior design is very clean. Must be hard to maintain as almost everything is white good job guys.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Visited this place had a very warm welcome, staff were very friendly and the korma was delicious. They have a open kitchen so you can watch your food being cooked, great stuff!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

We thought we'd give this a place ago as it's relatively new and we always like discovering new places to have a good curry. Unfortunately we were a little mislead by the sign outside, which offered two courses for a bargain price. There was no sign of this banquet offer, however, when we were given the menus. The food we ordered was fine, fair portion sizes and we could taste some fresh spices. It's a BYO place, and they provide you with glasses, corkscrews etc. Easy enough to pop into the nearby Tescos to pick up beers.

The decor is a bit odd, white chairs with plastic diamante stuck on, which was falling off in places. The dress code for the staff is also inconsistent, with some smartly dressed and others in track suit bottoms. Having said that there were no problems with the service.

1  Thank PebbleL
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Went on a Sunday evening as a family of four at 7-30 pm. Meet and greet was good. We started with poppadoms for three and I had a chicken chat. We then ordered four different main courses all main courses were considered good to exceptional. Service was good as was the ambiance. We will be going back to this restaurant.