“Actual, authentic Italian”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Libreville, Gabon
“Actual, authentic Italian”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Unlike most Italian restaurants in Britain, which offer overpriced slops that would be laughed off the table in Italy, the Casanova is possibly the ONLY Italian restaurant I've been to in the UK that serves food LIKE THEY DO IN ITALY. The guys that run it have not sold out, have not catered to a mass market, and have maintained the quality, dedication and soul that makes real Italian food as spectacular as it is. This restaurant is a real gem in a wasteland of chain restaurants and burger bars. If you go to Cardiff, go to this restaurant. It is fantastic and the 2 guys that run it deserve success.

Visited February 2012

Wales
“A gem”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent. Little known but always full. Set lunch includes main course and choice of starter or sweet. All mains delicious, also desserts. The pear and blue cheese especially good. Nice wine. Excellent service, friendly, helpful, not rushed. Try it.

Wales U K
“My favourite Italian restaurant in Cardiff”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our third visit
Very friendly welcome
We had not booked..silly mistake
A pint in the pub next door until our table was ready
I love the decor
I feel as if i am in Italy as soon as the door closes
No chain restaurant this
A short but varied menu
My wife and I do not eat meat but had no difficulty in choosing a delicious meal
Wine is fairly priced

Visited December 2012
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“What a treat”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Thank you to the Receptionist at the Cardiff Hilton, who pointed us in the direction of Casanova during our stay this weekend! There were seven of us, a family party and a special time (between Christmas and New Year) for us to meet up. I can't believe that we must have walked past it on numerous visits to the Millennium Stadium! But, oh boy - what a find. Warm welcome, pretty restaurant, and fabulous Italian food. Choose from five or six starters, mains or desserts, and listen out for the day's special. On Saturday night, it was a stunning saffron risotto with peas, proscuitto and King prawns - so light and beautifully seasoned. I had started my meal with bruscetta (with duck - such a change) and then managed to hoover down a couple of spoons of my cousin's tiramisu - just gorgeous. We all felt that the food had been prepared and cooked with love and care by someone who really "knows" their Italian dishes. On the drinks front, their Prosecco is fantastic - and reasonably priced - we managed to polish off several bottles. All in all, a jewel of a place - we envy you, Cardiff, and wish we were nearer to visit Casanovas more often!

1 Thank Patricia M
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“I've lost count the number of times we've been to this restaurant”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I'm sure we're addicted to this place - we can't stop returning! We had a lovely lunch at Casanovas on Friday the 21st of December. We had a lovely greeting from Luca and despite not having a reservation, they managed to fit us in despite being really busy with quite a few groups in the restaurant. The food was delicious - I had the salmon and potato salad which was so tasty. My partner had the soup and we both enjoyed the bread. I had the ragu pasta dish and my partner had the squid ink risotto with prawns and Chorizo.
We've been to Casanovas as a couple for quiet meals, with friends and as part of a pre-match game. Each time we have really enjoyed the whole experience and can't wait to go back for our next visit. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant if you fancy some genuine Italian food and as long as you don't expect pizza or dishes like lasagne or spaghetti bolognese.