“Waiter Lee made our visit”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #187 of 1,555 Restaurants in Cardiff
Description: Take a trip up to the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse rooftop restaurant and bar, and you'll experience a classic British menu with some truly delectable steaks, perfectly paired with tantalising cocktails. Our team pride themselves on delivering a memorable experience, with great food and an unforgettable ambiance.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went to the restaurant tonight. My food was awful. Ratatouille tempur has fat running out of it. The chips were ‘thrown’ on the plate and a lot of odd bits. Not the standard you expect from this restaurant
But the staff were amazing and Lee made our evening
Excellent customer service skills. Nothing to much trouble. He tried to find something I would be happy with, that is hard. I just expect quality for money
Thank you Lee you are an asset to the restaurant

1  Thank Lynette A
MPWCardiff, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey Lynette A,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about Lee, he really is a credit to the team and it's great to see that you recognise his and the staffs wonderful service.

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your meal, I've spoken to the chef today to inform him that you did not enjoy the ratatouille and he passes his apologies. Your feedback has been taken on board.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Kind regards

Victoria

Write a reviewReviews (857)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked for my partners birthday last weekend and was sadly disappointed.
Very expensive but at least 6-7 items on the menu were not available - even the triple cooked chips which seems a strange thing for any restaurant to run out of. We were eating early evening too so this was not the reason. My partners first choice main and desert were both unavailable.
Staff were ok but not what you would expect in this type of restaurant - two girls were wandering around with cups of coffee. Just a little relaxed.
Food we had was ok although less so the deserts. These seemed to be pre- prepared and the type that you would get anywhere so nothing special about it. Unfortunately would not revisit or recommend.

2  Thank emmafE2401QG

Hi emmafE2401QG,

Thanks for taking the time to review, I"m so very sorry I'm very confused by your review as I don't recall any point where we have ran out of this many items especially triple cooked chips!

All of our desserts are made in house by the chefs, naturally the chefs may have prepared them that morning as they would take time to set etc

Can you drop me an email on info@mpwsteakhousecardiff.com and tell me a little bit more please?

Many thanks

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just had afternoon tea here with my daughter(2nd time) and must say how gorgeous the food was ,catered to my vegetarian needs wonderfully,lovely fillings and not that horrible cold “nothing” taste you get with sandwiches usually,fresh strawberries and cream to go with the scones and really fresh tasty cakes ,not generic factory type cakes,service was excellent regularly asking if we needed anything else and ever so friendly.
My daughter and I have afternoon tea 2-3 times a year in various locations and I must say this is our favourite.
Well done

1  Thank N021308

Hi N021308,

Thank you for the lovely review! So happy to see you and your daughter had a delightful time with us.

I must say how happy we are to be your favourite afternoon tea site! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review so thank you so much again.

See you on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first visit to Marco's
The decor is modern and contemporary
Crisp and clean.
All staff are very welcoming and friendly...our waitress was Kaleigh who was very pleasant, professional and attentive.
The food (both mains and dessert) were top quality, delicious, well presented and plentiful.
Top marks 10/10 a wonderful experience we look forward to repeating.
Would highly recommend.

Hi Carla R,

Thank you for the lovely review, great to see you had a fantastic first experience here and Kayleigh looked after you.

Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I visited the MPW Steakhouse in Cardiff for lunch (2-5 pm) on Sun 22-Oct-19 with our daughter, her fiancee and his parents, to celebrate their recent engagement. We really enjoyed our meal. The food was of great quality, with an extensive choice, it arrived promptly and was cooked to our preferences (which, I find in most steak restaurants, is not usually the case!) Our waitress, Kim was particularly welcoming and very attentive and even arranged for our daughter's dessert to have a personalised message of congratulations. We were given plenty of time to enjoy our meal and were not rushed or pressured for time at any stage.

We had only two minor criticisms, these being that our table was quite close to the kitchen area and the heat from this seemed to overcome the air conditioning, making us all a little hot. We also ordered a bottle of prosecco at £39 when we arrived, only to discover that, as there was a special offer from 3 pm, it would have been £20 if we had ordered it an hour later! It would have been nice to have been told this before we ordered.

Other than these relatively minor issues, we had a great time and will definitely be eating there again in the future.

Hey Ian R,

Thanks for the lovely review, congratulations to your daughter and future son in law on their engagement! Great to see you had a lovely time with us.

Apologies about the temperature, I do hope you mentioned this to a team member and they made adjustments accordingly for you?

Look forward to seeing you again.