All reviewswet roomtrain stationrooms are smallcity centreshort stayfree wifibudget hotelexcellent locationair condouble roombed was comfortablemodern hotelan overnight staybooked this hotelstaff were really friendlyncp car parkstayed one night
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We managed to book a 'quiet' room, which was good considering we were in Cardiff right by some pubs and Cardiff Central Station. The rooms are very small, so no good if you're claustrophobic, but perfectly ok if you don't mind small spaces. There was a bathroom in the room, well not a bathroom as there was no bath, more of a shower room with a toilet and sink in it.

The bed was very comfy, the staff were friendly, the breakfast tasted lovely too. If you need a budget hotel, but you don't mind not having much room, then this is perfectly ok.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room you can ask for one, you will get one if they're are any available.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi L
Javeed A, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Naomi L
Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review. I am pleased to hear that you found our bed very comfy (custom made for us by Sleepeezee) and our breakfast tasty.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

How many times have you booked a hotel based upon Web site images and when you get there it's not quite what you expected? Wide angle lens, only showing the newly refurbished rooms or plain and simple CGI.

Slepperz is not like that. No frills but clean, comfortable, stylish and friendly. (the latter could just be the Welsh influence, mind you!). The reception / lounge / bar area is airy and bright. Restaurant clean and well presented. Breakfast good value. Location ideal especially if arriving or departing by train. Bed comfortable although if silence is your thing, ask for the lower ground floor.

Hard to find fault and hence 5 stars. On top of that... Best value in Cardiff.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank FarAway809463

Dear Mark&Kit
Glad to hear that we delivered a great stay as promised. Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review and for your kind comments about our friendly staff, comfy bed and central location.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

1st just to say phoned direct and got better deal £20 cheaper than online websites.

Booked fri Sat was traveling down for the last day at the Dr who experience closes 9th Sept. Idea was arrive early Friday hit the town.unfortunately we got caught up in major incident m6 closed nothing moving 13hrs to get to Cardiff so did not arrive till after midnight Sat morning so felt wasted a day and paid for a room we didn't really get to use.

Now hotel I had researched parking you can park in the station 2min walk. But our side of the hotel there is a car park open air be warned homeless people use it as a drinking point rubbish ring and loo. But car was fine all weekend you can buy time so only cost us £20 from midnight till Monday. I recommend using your card in the normal way as the contactless kept crashing.

Hotel.nice friendly staff

Room very small enough room for bed LOL.
Tidy clean tea coffee but no biscuits

Bathroom now this is what let's IT down very intimate opaque glass door is about 15inches from bed shower is wet floor now I have been in hotels with similar ideas but in this one the glass shower screen stops short of the floor so if you use the shower the FULL floor floods so to use the loo or sink your walking in water not best of designed

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank MANINTHESUITCASE

Dear MANINTHESUITCASE
I am pleased that you managed to get to Cardiff for the Dr Who Experience, albeit after a major delay. Thank you for leaving a lovely review and for your kind comment about our friendly staff.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with my best friend in a room with bunk beds, amazed on how the whole space was used, no corner of the room was unused... genius! Highly recommend it as a cheap & cheerful and the location was spot on, close to station, shopping, bars & plenty of good restaurants.. cant wait to visit again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine R
Javeed A, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Christine R
Thank you so much for a lovely review. I am glad you liked our cabin/bunk room, we also have larger double and superior rooms if you want to try something bigger next time. Great to hear that our central location was spot on. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Just got back from my break in Cardiff and I stayed here. I was a little worried with some of the reviews but for the price I paid by booking direct and inc of breakfast was £80 I thought it was worth a chance. I arrived early 10.15 am fully expecting to leave my bags and disappear till 2 pm check in, I was very pleasantly surprised to be told my room was ready and could have it immediately at no charge, happy days!!! I also added late checkout for £10 another nice touch by the hotel I thought. Yes the rooms are compact but after all you're only sleeping in them and the room I had was clean. Facilities spot on. I asked for a quiet room but I was a little worried that it was on the front by the Wetherspoons pub, worry no more I couldn't hear anything at night (I'm a light sleeper) and slept really well so well in fact I made a note of the make of pillows so I could buy some for home. The breakfast was in all fairness good value with plenty of everything, if something had run out it was replenished quite quickly. Checking in/out was a breeze, location is spot on, everything was within walking distance even the Bay (20 mins it took me). Water taxi back to the city was on £4!! fantastic I thought. Even a nice little sign thingy in room saying if you've got noisy neighbours then the hotel would sort the problem out (something I've never seen anywhere before now), fantastic however I never had to use it as the place is quiet for a hotel in the location it's in with a building site and pub next door. Would I stay again........without a doubt and BOOK IT DIRECT as much better deal than all the usual comparison sites. I had originally booked it via booking.com, had a quick look on the hotel's own site and saved £35 with a breakfast included for both days. I couldn't go wrong, the money I saved went of alchohol.

Room Tip: Book Direct it's cheaper
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank Daioxy

Dear Daioxy
Thank you so much for leaving a great review and for booking direct with us. It's lovely to hear that you had a great nights sleep on our super comfy mattress (custom made by Sleepeezee) and comfy pillows. I am pleased that you also enjoyed breakfast with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.