“A Fantastic, Modern Hotel!”

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Wales, UK
“A Fantastic, Modern Hotel!”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed at the Sleeperz Hotel in Cardiff in early December 2009. I booked my room, a compact double via the Sleeperz Hotel website for £55.

When I arrived I was greeted in the modern and swish reception by a rather charming and pleasant receptionist. We discussed the weather and Cardiff and it was nice change from other hotels that they were actually friendly! I requested a high floor on booking, and dutifully was given a room on the highest floor of the hotel.

The room was really great, a modern design masterpiece. I've read people complain about the room sizes on TripAdvisor but at the end of the day you can clearly see in the photographs that they are not massive! The hotel makes far better use of its smaller spaces than other hotels make of far larger rooms. The bathroom was wonderful, plenty of hot water, and all the amenities you would expect, hand soap, body wash etcetera. There were even two sets of towels which is an extremely rare occurance in cheaper hotels when travelling alone. The room was also spotlessly clean, one of the cleanest hotels rooms I have ever stayed in.

Overall, a fantastic hotel with friendly staff. The hotel provides and experience which greatly outshines the modest price tag! Well done Sleeperz! I hope you open more hotels around the UK!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TT_Wales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed December 13, 2009

My daughter and i went to cardiff to see Eddie Izzard for one night and this hotel had everything we could possibly need. It was spotlessly clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was compact, as described, but we were only staying for the one night. So convenient too, right next to the town and the station, and a short bus ride from cardiff bay. Perfect!

• Stayed November 2009
United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I chose this hotel because of its location-literally next to the railway station and right in the city center, which makes one-day-traveller's life so easy! Quick and effective check in, plus free wiifi internet. The room was small yet very well designed and organized (coffee and tea making facilities provided). Breakfast was excellent, delicious dishes also available in normal prices for dinner/lunch.
The only thing that actually bothered me was the shower: there is no bath tub, so water is all over the place...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Leeds, UK
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed for one night. Got off the train and took all of 2 minutes to walk to Sleeperz. We had read the reviews regarding the small rooms, and yes they are smal but perfectly formed - very funky, great view from the top floor, bed (bunks) and pillows very comfortable, surprisingly quiet. Note that there is a glass door between the room and the wet room - you have to be good friends as you can see through this door.
It can be a bit awkward after a shower as the wet room floor really does get wet, and you will get wet feet when you walk into the bathroom, although the shower rail was damaged in our room and the shower curtain could not be used, so this may be a one-off. Other than that, we loved the floor to ceiling windows. Extremely clever room design making best use of a small space.
The public areas are very inviting, and the breakfast was OK. The location is extremely central and excellent. Definitely recommended, hope to stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
shropshire
Reviewed December 4, 2009

As a wheelchair user I would recommend this hotel to fellow wheelchair users, great room with wetroom. It has one or two small faults but wait till the next one they should have ironed out the small gliches. I found the food good and the breakfast was terrific. I have stayed in dearer more upmarket hotels that have not had such good facilities. I would have thought that being next to the railway it would have been noisy but it was surprisingly quiet and my wife and I had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank effaren
UK
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Saw a good review here and stayed with my friend. Although the hotel looked clean and comfy, the room was small, especially the bathroom/wc was the smallest I have ever seen in my life (I travel around the wolrd). I bet a big guy would not fit the toilet seat. The bathroom door was broken so you could not move it without making horrible noise (so I had to go to downstairs toilet at night) . As other reviewer stated the bathroom floor was flooded after using shower. If you like getting your feet wet everytime you go to the loo this is the hotel for you. It was a real disappointment that all staff seemed very friendly, but we did not get any apology or discount when we checked out, the attitude from one staff (poss management) was rude. I do take a group tourists around and would not use the hotel for my clients. Tripadvisor reviews are usually right I trust them but this one was a real disappointment.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Lochinver,Scotland
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Given the busy weekend with both football and rugby taking place in Cardiff it was always going to be difficult to accommodate everybody at short notice.We stayed one night but would have liked to have stayed longer due to the lovely clean rooms,ideal central location,friendly patient staff and suitability for our needs.However even though we indicated late on the evening we wanted to stay longer the new shift that arrived in the morning knew nothing about the request and we were offered a room (a small double for two males) at a price way above what is quoted on the outside of the hotel that can be seen by those arriving on trains (our room was £80 and they wanted £115 when outside it says rooms from £55).My friend inquired about available rooms the previous evening (he is in hotel management) and was told there were eight free when we saw staff turn single males away because they could only quote full price and had no room for negotiation.We could not understand a policy where rooms would remain unoccupied rather than the parent company allowing their staff flexibility to negotiate a deal that would see both parties getting a result.
The bathrooms were probably the smallest I have ever seen in my travels with no separation between the shower floor and the tiny sink,toilet area so when someone has a shower the whole area is left swimming.We had extremely comfortable bunk beds and I loved the decor throughout the hotel.We decamped to a poor hotel for the next two nights because they could not accommodate us at Sleeperz which is unfortunate because we really liked it and wanted to stay longer.
I would highly recommend this hotel and could see it will be a success being in such a brilliant location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends