Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$160
$154
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
$122
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$100
$50
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$73
$71
$74
Orbitz.com
$204
  • Restaurant
All reviewswet roomtrain stationrooms are smallcity centreshort stayfree wifiexcellent locationbudget hotelair condouble roombed was comfortablebooked this hotelmodern hotelstaff were really friendlyone night stayan overnight staybars and restaurants
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have been to Cardiff two years in a row now for shopping and we have stayed here both times. We loved the trendy modern look of the rooms and always feel very comfortable here. I would describe it as 'compact' rather than too small...its almost like a fancy hostel, but in a good way! The rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms are small wetrooms but enough room to wash and do what you need to do, there is air con in the rooms and there is a lovely trendy seating area downstairs with snacks and drinks on sale. This is a perfect place to stay for anyone visitng the city centre as it is right in the centre and its so easy to walk around and get back to the hotel. There is no hotel parking so you have to pay to park in a public car park but it is an indoor one and is just onver the road from the hotel. We love it here and would recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

It's always great to hear from satisfied guests. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The rooms at this hotel are very small I would recommend its suitable for one but definitely not 2 of u in the room
The toilet and shower is so small
The rooms are clean and tidy
Staff are welcoming and very friendly
I did eat at the hotel and can say that the food was better than what I had in the Marriott few weeks ago
I would say that if u want a cheap hotel with just a base to get some sleep its perfect if u want something with some space and relaxation it's way too small
I would say its better than an ibis hotel it not as good as a premier inn so I would balance up the rates before you book

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for your feedback. We do have larger rooms if space is an issue, however the rooms are stylish and well designed with ample shelves and hanging space, perfectly suited to a city centre hotel. Great to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights which is ideally placed just outside the station and on the edge of the town centre.
We checked into a room where we found some glaring errors for a new arrival. Bedside light not working, air cond with a mind of its own to mention 2 things. The curtains seem very much like a piece of carpet, with a small Velcro strip at the top, which is attached to a sliding runner at the top. When the curtains are pulled, the weight of the curtain simply pulls away from the Velcro and the curtain falls to the floor.
There is no wardrobe and no chair. The bathrooms are very strangely designed and when a shower is taken the whole of the bathroom gets flooded.
\The reception staff and housekeeping staff are very friendly and polite, that's about the only positive point I can make about this hotel.

Room Tip: Think very carefully, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suffolkuk

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We do try our best but sometimes things do go wrong and a curtain falling down is not ideal, apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are in the process of replacing the curtain fixings. Although we don't have a chair in the room, we do have a stool (we can always swap the stool for a chair if you let us know) and we have plenty of shelves and hanging space. Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed January 29, 2014

So, we we're booked in for a stag do weekend - we had a fantastic weekend!
But my experience of the Sleeperz Hotel was absoultely ridiculous.

Room - Filthy, not very clean and you couldn't swing a cat. It was very small - this didn't bother me too much considering it was a stag do and it would do the job - somewhere I can at least sleep once the night was over.... or so I thought!

I arrived back at the hotel on my own at around 3am, I was extremely tired after a full day and evening of events and plenty of alcohol consumed. I was in full control as I can handle my drink and had 4 pints of water for the last hour of my night - So I was in a fit state to rememeber everything and in control....

I arrived at the hotel, I was let in by someone who worked there - there were at least 3 staff there. I was asked for my room no. and my name. Checking his list as if it were some VIP Exclusive list, he informed me that I am not on the list and that room was not mine!!!!

Despite me having my Hotel room cards and a piece of card detailing my name and room number!!!! but nope, he wouldn't accept it and according to his records it is wrong... so I asked what the issue was - forms were signed. they had let another guest of ours scribble my name out on the forms and sign in earier in the evening.... despite me having the room keys! and already being checked in. No one else was in my room, but somewhere along the lines the staff were more than incapable and were as useful as a chocolate teapot!

despite my 10 minutes of arguing with them to let me go through to my room, they finally gave in only after I started to get very angry. At 3am this is the last thing you want... if you pay your money to stay at the hotel - you expect to at least be let in and not made to feel like a criminal!!!!

So, from that experience - I shall not stay at another Sleeperz Hotel for as long as it remains in business - they simply could not keep proper records and or accept that I was a paying guest.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - YOU MIGHT END UP SLEEPING IN THE STREET!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DJCiaranB
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

As you will read from all our other reviews on TripAdvisor and our Certificate of Excellence Award for great service, this is clearly out of character for Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff. We have a simple security check for guests arriving back late to the hotel, as you were part of a large group and as you say yourself you had been drinking, and the fact that your group had switched and changed people in different rooms, this procedure took longer than normal. You were also advised of our security procedures when you checked in. We only have these procedures in place to ensure the safety of all our guests. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

we have visited cardiff many times and stayed in all classes of hotel. we were very impressed. it does exactly what it says on the tin. comfortable clean and friendly with a central location everything you need at a competetive price.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar