“Small packages are often just as good”

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stopped in the hotel overnight to meet up with some friends. I used to work in Cardiff, but not for many years, so Sleeperz was new to me.

The railway station was right next door and also very close to the shopping area as, I understand, are also some late-night bars. On this basis I booked, in the Internet, requesting a high level room.

Reception was fine, the staff were very pleasant and my top floor room was waiting for me without having to ask again. The room was in fact very quiet with the windows sealed and double glazed. The air conditioning was excellent and quiet.

Although the room was comfortable with everything you need, including a flat TV and Wi-Fi, it is very, very small. Although the bed itself is full size and comfortable, there is no chair, so you can only look at the TV I sitting on the bed. This is fine as I was solo , although I think I would find it a bit cramped for two people. The wet room was good but again small. Plenty of hot water and a good shower and everything was new and very clean.

The breakfast was surprisingly good and much better than many other budget hotels that I've been to go. The juices were not watered down, plenty of pastries and the hots meals were, well, hot!

Overall the hotel says what it does on the tin.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic little place. Perfect location. Arrived very late 0000 but staff supper friendly and helpful. Only criticism is the lights in the corridor dont go out and shines under the door so never quite dark.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

i came with a large group of friends, staff couldn't do enough for you and as there was a lot of us everything was great. we decided to eat in there restuarant was so nice very reasonally priced all served by staff that was so helpful and friendly. practically next door to the main train station and close to everything else you would want in cardiff. the rooms are not that small, the bathroom is very practiable and spotlessly clean all you could want! defintely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Friday night, located just next to the train station the hotel's location is perfect. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms are small, but have everything you need in them are we were very comfortable. The wet room was also well thought out. Also very good value for money. We added on the hotel breakfast which as it was a buffet set us up well for the day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I came to Cardiff because I was working in Wales for a month and Sleeperz became my home in more ways than one! Knowing that they were not particularly set up for long term stays the staff proceeded to bend over backwards for me to make sure I was looked after. The staff were always friendly and approachable if I needed anything all I had to do. As a disabled customer knowing how acssible rooms can vary this is a great example of what a room should be in my opinion there was room for my wheelchair and all my stuff and so on and no bath with rails I had to do the awkward climb into. Now when every I return to Cardiff this is the first place I look to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a central hotel if you are just going to overnight and close to a lot of amenities. It seemed to be the party hotel as about 3am, it was definitely the time to be coming home from the many pubs around. The room itself was clean but the bathroom, well, not so much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sleeperz is in a very nice location, close to everything's hot in Cardiff, but this is definitely the best thing I can say about it. We tasted their breakfast: food wasn't as hot as you expect when you have continental breakfast.
Rooms are very small. If from time to time you ask yourself "How small a bathroom can be", well, spend a night at Sleeperz and you'll get the answer. I photographed what happens after you take a shower: the flow and foam is all over the bathroom. For pity, I'm not gonna upload these pictures. I'll come back to Cardiff as soon as possible since I'm fond of it, but I'll definetily choose another structure next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, General Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. The vast majority of guests comment extremely positively about the quality of the rooms and the clever design which more than makes up for its compact size. The design of the wet room/shower room means that you will get some water over the entire shower room floor, but it doesn’t take long before it drains away. As you can see from the majority of reviews we are rated very highly on all aspects of our rooms, breakfast and service and have been awarded a TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence 2013' earning us a place amongst the best hotels in Cardiff. We have only received this award by offering exceptional service and a great product that most of our guests enjoy, resulting in excellent ratings. Kind regards