Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$108
$138
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$158
$144
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$103
$127
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$137
$114
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$104
$89
Agoda.com
$135
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$48
$43
All reviewswet roomtrain stationrooms are smallcity centreshort stayfree wifiexcellent locationbudget hotelair condouble roombed was comfortablebooked this hotelmodern hotelstaff were really friendlyone night stayan overnight staybars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel in April and found it very good, I decided to stay there again when going to see Bruce Springsteen at the Millennium stadium. Due to this event the same standard room that I stayed in in April was double the price. This seems to have applied to all the hotels in Cardiff and I'm sure they do it for all big events. I just find this a bit unfair as all the hotels in Cardiff seemed to be fully booked on this particular night.
Having said that I really like this hotel and will be staying again for a concert at Christmas time at a more reasonable nightly rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked a twin room for myself and my youngest daughter on our visit to attend my elder daughter's graduation from Cardiff University. Location of the hotel was excellent, you could just step off the train at Cardiff Central Station and 100 yards up the road check into the hotel, and all town centre shops, City Hall, theatre, bars etc are all within easy walking distance.

The twin room turned out to be a room with bunk beds, of which my daughter decided she didn't want the top bunk so it meant Mum having to negotiate the rather steep step ladder! Being mid-forties and still quite mobile for my age negotiating the step ladder didn't prove too difficult but I can imagine it would not be suitable for people of advancing years!! The bathroom was also "odd", the shower being a wetroom that flooded the whole floor which took overnight to dry out and the toilet was located right next to the sliding door which meant walking round it to enter the wetroom...I would also add that any noises like just going for a wee could be heard from outside the sliding door!!!

Otherwise the room was clean and had more than adequate tea/coffee making facilities, good TV and the aircon was a godsend during the "heatwave" of July. Hanging facilities for clothes was good, however the room could have benefitted from a full length mirror. Free wi-fi worked perfectly. We didn't take breakfast at the hotel as there are lots of cafes and restaurants nearby that offered breakfast deals.

Although the hotel is located on a main road and right by the railway lines absolutely no noise could be heard which was very impressive. I would go back and stay there again although perhaps book a room with a double bed rather than a twin!!

Room Tip: Book a room with a double bed rather than a twin unless you are young and fit enough to negotiated a step-ladder!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I walked off our train and to the first hotel we saw, which happened to be this one. We were quite happy with our room and the convenience of the location. Breakfast isn't very good, but that's optional and there are plenty of other breakfast places nearby. Would definitely stay here again. The staff were very accommodating: we didn't know how long we'd be staying and kept extending our stay by one night and they always found room for us. The wifi wasn't that reliable, but that was just a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Extremely unhelpful manager. My daughter was visiting Cardiff to see the University and we booked a double room via one of the advertising sites the hotel uses. I assume what happened was a default booking date was copied into the reservation (made on Wednesday afternoon for a room on Thursday night).

When printing out the reservation the next morning we noticed the date was incorrect and rang the hotel (around 11 am) to change the date. Despite the room being vacant on the Thursday night the hotel refused to amend the date and tried to make us pay for it a second time. After two phone calls they wouldn't budge so we had to book another at hotel.

The date erroneously booked was 17 days into the future so there was plenty of time to resell it.

It doesn't bode well for any other aspects of a hotel when the proprietor that is so mean-minded as to act like this (Ryanair comes to mind).

I'll definitely avoid any of the other hotels in this group too, I assume corporate policy is behind this attitude.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Veliger
GeneralManager1969, General Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

We are more than happy to change a reservation if a mistake is made, however if a reservation is made and paid for via an online travel agent/third party website (lastminute.com in this case), the best course of action is to contact the company that made your reservation to make any amendments. It’s a shame that this guest didn’t end up staying at the hotel as they would have experienced a great hotel with excellent guest service which has been recognised by TripAdvisor with a Certificate of Excellence Award 2013, making us one of the top 10% of all businesses on TripAdvisor. Kind regards

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was pretty sweeet, we had a double room which was quite small but we were only using it for sleeping so all good, bathroom is a bit of a nightmare because nothing separates the excess water from the rest of the bathroom and can even start leaking out into the room, but that's what free towels are for I guess! It's right in the mix and had some good views on the higher levels, get the breakfast cos its a banger and its all you can eat!
Would probably stay here again because it was real good value.

• Stayed: March 2013