All reviewswet roomtrain stationrooms are smallcity centreshort stayfree wifibudget hotelexcellent locationair condouble roombed was comfortablemodern hotelan overnight staybooked this hotelstaff were really friendlyncp car parkstayed one night
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night, read reviews beforehand so wasn't sure what to expect but the hotel was easy to find, clean, modern and bright.
The staff on arrival were very friendly and the reception was welcoming,lots of local information and a large selection of magazines and books available to read.
My room was compact but very clean and had lots of storage, extra pillows and towels.
I liked the wet room but would feel a little self conscious if sharing the room as the toilet is only separated from the bed by a glass door. So if you were having a romantic stay it could be a little awkward.
Breakfast was plentiful fresh and tasty with a good selection of hot and cold food.
Overall a great hotel and a pleasant surprise, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First time i have stayed in a sleeperz hotel, and I liked it and would stay again. What I liked: central location next to station(but no noise), clean, friendly, modern design, wet room bathroom design, TV, bar was reasonably priced, bed very comfortable, price. Only disadvantage was small room(only 1 stool, no chairs) and bathroom was small.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing road and not the railway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

+ The staff were very friendly and helpful from the day we arrived to the day we left. What caught my eye was the lounge. It was relaxed meeting place for people, more like a living room than a lounge full of actual design furniture. The fireplace was nice (I've always had a soft spot for fireplaces) Our room was small but efficient. It was clean and bed was comfortable. Location is perfect if you want to shop or just hang a round in a pubs or see the castle... Hotel is just around the corner from train station.

- We had some problems with the room door. We complained about it and it worked out well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MokkaJ
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed in a twin room, was tiny but good for a few nights. There is a lovely view, good breakfast and the beds are extremely comfy. However they have tried to hard to make it look funky and modern, for example the bathroom door is made of frosted glass and the toilet is situated right behind the door. So when someone is sat down the other person can see. Surely they should have thought that if people were staying in a twin room with bunk beds and not comfortable sleeping next to each other in a double bed, then they're not going to be comfortable with a frosted glass door! Also as it is frosted glass there is no lock. The shower is a wet room which means the entire bathroom gets wet when someone takes a shower. If you shower in the evening it will be fine again in the morning but until then your feet will get if you need to go to the toilet! The only mirrors were in the bathroom near the ceiling so if you're short like me you can't see in them! Also it means you can't look in the mirror whilst doing drying/straightening your hair. Despite this it's a good hotel and in a great location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager1969, Owner at Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thanks for your review. I thought you would like to know that we have listened to our guests and decided that privacy is more important than the funky design. We’ve added an obscure film to the frosting on the bathroom glass doors making them completely non-see through. The first floor has already been completed and the rest of the hotel should be done by the end of February.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked in as we were coming by train and wanted somewhere close to the station as we had an early return home in the morning. The receptionist was very efficient and we had room 209. We went up in the lift and as you come out there's a fire door opposite with 209 on it. It took us a couple of minutes to work out that we had to access the room via this door - reception lady didn't tell us - but I think it reduced the noise from the corridor from other guests.
The room was very smart, bright colours and contemporay design and very clean. The bathroom was located on the left hand side of the room behind an angled wall with a frosted glass sliding door. This is where my dislike of the room design begins. Despite being with my husband for 17 years - and I'm sure this would be the same for ANYONE else - we REALLY DID NOT need to be able to see each other on the loo, albeit in a hazy 'cataract affected' way. I sincerely hope that the moron who came up with this idea is pointlessly breaking rocks in the middle of nowhere as punishment.
Would I stay here again? Give me a room with a REAL door and I'd book straight away but other than that someone else will get my money. Sleeperz - sort this and you r customers will stay more than once.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in '5' overlook the railway station at the end of the corridor. Rooms ending in '9' are in the fire exit stairwell. I marked the room 'average' to reflect my hatred and dislike of a glass doored bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple