“Easy, right at the Center”

Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Switzerland
“Easy, right at the Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

An easy hotel for one or two nights out. Rooms have all needed, though space is limited. Beds are OK. Do not expect cupboard space, there are a few hangers but one merely needs to leave the other stuff in the suitcase.
Breakfast is OK too but always more difficult when one is not a cooked breakfast lover.
Location is superb, at the edge of city's centre, next to the train station but because of triple glazing, no issues.
Parking is close to the hotel (20% discount vouchers available), though not cheap.
Can only recommend and would stay myself again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed two nights in this hotel in december. The hotel is in a great location, just next to the train station, and not far from city centre restaurants and bars. The hotel was clean and modern, with a 24 hour reception and bar, with a log burner and the room had everything I needed for a short stay - a comfy bed, good ensuite shower, and a TV. The room was expensive for its size but ok for rugbyweekend .The room is like an ikea showroom
Did not try breakfast but its only 5 pounds if you pay before midnight the day before
I would definitely try and stay here next time I’m in Cardiff. It’s clean, comfortable, in a great location and the staff couldn’t do enough to help.

• Stayed December 2012
Wales uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Compact well organised room with modern wet room facilities, tea & coffee making facilities, air con, flat screen. superclean and very comfortable. Staff very polite and helpful. Lifts to all floors, Next door to Cardiff Central railway station and walk into city centre. Very convenient for all amenities. Suit couples, singles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

On previous trips to Cardiff I'd stayed at another stylish inexpensive hotel, but when checking out reviews online the quality seems to have been slipping of late. So I paid a few quid a night more and gave Sleeperz a try. I'd seen it in passing on my earlier visits, and thought the website made it look intriguing so i rolled the dice. And I came up a winner. Sleeperz was a pretty perfect go-to base while exploring the amazing city of Cardiff for four days.

Negative out of the way first: the room was really tiny. Like, no floor space at all once the suitcase is open on the floor. Which isn't the end of the world, really, because one really shouldn't be spending loads of time in the hotel room anyway while on vacation. The room itself was super clean and vaguely futuristic. The bathroom was kind of a "wet room" with a sliding frosted glass door, and just half a glass wall between the shower and the toilet. The window looked out over a train bridge, and had both sliding curtains and a pull-down shade. The elevator was small (when three people rode at once it was all one could do to not exhale) but I tended to take the stairs, at least when going down.

The location truly can't be beat. Literally ten minutes after my train pulled into Cardiff Central, I was checking in, as Sleeperz abuts onto the station grounds. From there the Hayes (the pedestrian shopping streets) is about five minutes walk, as are a couple of Weatherspoons for a great cheap meal. There are five or six nightclubs within a few minutes from the front door as well, and the Castle is about ten minutes away. The staff was very helpful: once again I arrived a bit before check in time, but they helped me get right into my room, and also assisted with finding a local laundromat for me. There was a deal on for breakfast the weekend I was there, five pounds if you pay the night before which saved a couple of quid, and it was the usual variety of hot and cold that you find in British hotels. I'll also say that the hotel looks amazing. The lobby is sleek and stylish, and the rooms are hip but not annoyingly hipster, if that makes any sense. I don't know what the place is like for families, as I didn't see what the larger rooms looked like; they may be a bit cramped, but maybe there's a big leap in floor space between the single and the family rooms.

I love Cardiff to death and plan on coming back again; Sleeperz will for the immediate future be my go-to hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting cardiff for my birthday . just needed somewhere to stay in the city that was cheap but clean. the hotel was fine basic but everything was there . the room was ok not big but fine for 1 night . decided not to eat in the restaurant limited menu and bit pricey . Went out in town to eat
have stayed in other hotels was ok will probably stay again

• Stayed November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Sleeperz. We arrived in Cardiff at Cardiff Central Station, and was pleasantly surprised how close the hotel was to the train station. We could see it from the train platform and it is literally next to the station. However, we did not hear the train at all while staying there.The buffet breakfast was a good price. It included a traditional hot English breakfast of eggs, meat, baked beans and toast, as well as cereal and pastries, The room was clean and modern but you must be aware that it is very small: the bathroom is one step away from your bed (very convenient in that sense!) and not much space to move around in the room. It would be quite comfortable for one person, but a little cramped for 2. The hotel was very convenient for us to walk to the Castle, National Museum and the shopping area. There is a bus that one can also take to the bay area. We are very pleased with our decision to stay at this hotel. We only had 2 days here and we were able to see most of the attractions we wanted in a convenient and relaxing manner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed two nights in this hotel at the end of October. The hotel is in a great location, just next to the train station, and not far from city centre restaurants and bars. The hotel was clean and modern, with a 24 hour reception and bar, and the room had everything I needed for a short stay - a comfy bed, good ensuite shower, and a TV. I got a good deal direct from the hotel (better than the deals I found on hotel booking websites) so breakfast was included. The hotel staff were all wonderful. When the receptionist found out I was vegetarian she offered to arrange for some veggie sausages to be ready for me at breakfast time, and said on our last day we could take breakfast with us even though we were checking out before the buffet was due to start.
We checked in to the hotel at 9pm so the restaurant had just closed, though the receptionist offered to ask the kitchen to make us something anyway. We decided to go out instead, and the receptionist was extremely helpful in giving us directions to a really nice Chinese round the corner (Wok to Walk).
On our last day when we were leaving before breakfast had started, one of the staff fetched us take away cups and bags so we could take tea, jam, pastries and bread with us to eat on the train. The seeded bread rolls were delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business