“Never staying in a hotel again”

and 1 more site!
A Space in the City - Century Wharf
Bristol
“Never staying in a hotel again”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After many years spending my life in hotels for business stays i came across a space in the city with the serviced apartments in century wharf and will not look back.

The staff were very helpful and the difference in size between a tiny hotel room to an apartment is on another scale.

i would recommend an serviced apartment over hotel to anyone. The value for money is excellent and you get so much more.

I will be booking with A Space in the City again if i require any business stays or bringing the family for holidays

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent three days in Cardiff ith family, the apartment was very good. We were met by a taxi from the train station. We did have a problem with the mugs in the room and they were replaced straight away. The apartment is ideal for easy access to the bay and city centre.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed August 17, 2012

stayed for two nights as a family, but wished we had booked a hotel. apartment was spacious, but we were 2 adults, 2 kids and we got two double beds and when I asked if we could have an apartment with twin beds for kids - there seemed to be no flexibility - one got the apartment allocated and that was it. apartment full of cheap ikea furniture which I did not like! shower didn't drain and was full of mould sadly - so a little creepy. bed was tiny - and linen did not feel luxurious. I think it would work if you were staying for a week and knew the area, but if you don't know the area and aren't staying long, take a hotel - where staff are on hand to offer tips and advice on locations and you can swap rooms if necessary. we paid a lot of money and felt short changed - a hotel would have been more central and better value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lindaZug_Switzerland
A Space i, Public Relations Manager at A Space in the City - Century Wharf, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We are disappointed to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. I have checked through your booking requests and noticed that the only request made was for a river view. Unfortunately we do not always have the flexibility to move guests to alternative apartments although we try to do so where possible. Your visit to Cardiff happened to coincide with a few events in the Capital and we were fully occupied resulting in being unable to move you to a property with twin beds, we did offer on arrival a roll away camp bed which was declined. Our Guest Services Manger answered some questions on the local amenities at check in and our guest information folders (located in each apartment) provide details on what to see and do in Cardiff including maps of the Bay and City centre to help orientate visitors to our Capital City that may not know they’re way around. We appreciate that you were not happy with your stay and that our product is different to a hotel and try to ensure across all booking channels and customer documentation that this is made clear however we will be reviewing this to see if we can make improvements to our information and service that will help enhance future customer stays with us. Finally we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our apartment and obviously found it very concerning that you mentioned the shower being mouldy. We investigated this and found that while there was no evidence of mould in the shower the drain was partially blocked which we have since cleared. We do hope that despite your comments you and your family had a good time in Cardiff and hope you return to our Capital City again.
various
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had a choice of 4 one-bedroom apartments to choose from, and they were all very nice. We chose the one with an open-plan kitchen, because we like that style. The apartments are furnished with everything you need, including the kitchen, which is great because we like to cook a lot.

The service is excellent, and the staff go above and beyond to make sure that your stay is good. There is a team that cleans the apartment once a week, and the office staff is super helpful with any queries.

We stayed for 3 months, so that gave us a lot of time to make a full assessment. So, if you are looking for a short-term rental that don't think twice about using "A Space in the City"

Darren and Veronica

Room Tip: We can't speak of other blocks, but we were in Munich House and it was very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darren H
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

From arrival it was a fantastic welcome by a space in the city rep. We were shown to the apartment and we were blown away by the size, style and cleanliness of the apartment. Well looked after and well equipped. Wi-Fi that is fast, flat screen TV, seriously comfortable sofa. We were located on the 4th floor apartment 80. Underfloor heating was fantastic and regarding the apartment it was faultless. The pool area was a let down, shabby, paint chipped away, really cold water in the pool, however was clean. We was impressed that our car park was underground gated with CCTV. The entire complex is secure with gates and CCTV. With the buildings being high & close together the the echoes of people returning from a night out (3am) was slightly annoying. However this is not a fault of Space in the City. We are in our late 20"s using the apartment for two reasons, sporting competition & a weekend break, we found te location perfect for both. Check out was simple and easy. I will say that we will 100% be booking here again, and specificly asking for the same apartment.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ALEX W
Sheffield
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed in a studio apartment and really enjoyed our stay. We had a great view over the river, plenty of space, a good sized bathroom and a well-equipped kitchen. The bed was comfortable and we found the apartments quiet and a comfortable temperature. They're close to Mermaid Quay where there's plenty of places to eat and drink (although we found it a little subdued) and we enjoyed a pleasant walk along the river into the city centre - the direct route isn't quite so picturesque. Check-in and finding the apartment was straightforward. We didn't get the chance to try out the swimming pool. The service is different to that of a hotel, but when we encountered it, we found it friendly and professional.

We'd definitely return and definitely recommend it to friends. But I'll admit it, I'm picky. So here's why it didn't quite get a 5. I hated the kettle that dispensed a cup full of water (my partner loved it) - I found it very noisy, particularly when trying to watch TV, and a little scary. I missed a bath mat and I'm not sure whether there was meant to be a first aid kit, but didn't like finding an empty one. There was a minor mixup over the booking, quickly and professionally resolved. I thought I received quite a few emails prior to arriving - for example, one asking when I wanted to check in, and then one asking how I wanted to check in - which made the process seem much more complicated than it actually was. And we were warned on booking that we didn't have allocated parking and the office staff did tell us to get in touch if we had problems parking, but we still found parking a little difficult. We hadn't appreciated how big the complex was and the relatively small number of Visitor spaces. We did eventually find a space at the opposite end of the complex, but it took more than 10 minutes driving around. It wasn't the greatest start to our stay, but we had been warned. And after that, we had a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fancyrats
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was the third time I've stayed in Century Wharf on business over the last 12 months, and I'm very happy to give a five star review as all three stays, each in different apartment blocks within the complex, have been excellent.

I was met upon arrival and driven to my parking space - bags taken up to my apartment, and two parcels I had sent with materials for work were already waiting in the apartment for me, and I was shown which network to use for WiFi and given the password. That's what I call great service!

As ever the apartment was huge, bigger than my 1 bed flat in London, and equipped with widescreen TV, iPod dock etc... I just regret not having much time to spend in it!

One consequence is that the rooms do take time to heat up (I was there 31 Jan - 3 Feb, a very cold time of year!) - any clothes you leave lying on the floor will warm up nicely though thanks to the underfloor heating!

Kitchen was well equipped, a teapot or strainer would be a nice addition (I only say this as I bought loose leaf tea from Sainsbury's by mistake...)

One tip, if you are hiring a car, Sixt are nearby and offer pick-up and drop-off for free, subject to availability. Otherwise, there is a bus service to town or you can walk it in about 15 mins or take a 4 min train.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business