“Give it a wide berth”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Why oh why do British caterers attempt American themes only to totally and utterly fail.
Went here on a Saturday night and should have known better as not many people in there.
My son ordered a burger he described as mystery meat.
My wife ordered a Philly beef sub. The beef was cold and the cheese had not melted. Had to be reheated.
I ordered popcorn shrimp which turned out to be overfried scampi in breadcrumb. They were rockhard and the fries with them failed to turn up. Had to wait another 5 mins for them.
I could not eat mine and eventually had a refund.
I am totally ashamed that this establishment exists in my home city.
Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went hear with the kids wanted something quite quick and unfussy as kids were already starving. Was exactly what we expected so no dissapointed

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We called in here after going to the Dr Who exhibit...... should of realized by the fact that there were spaces available and every where else was packed that it wouldn't of been good, but as it was my husbands birthday and he loves burgers!
The burgers were the most tasteless pieces of cardboard i think I have ever had, it was so bland my husband left his, which is unheard of, they just didn't taste of anything.
After we had left the food and were finishing our drinks they cleared the table next to us, they took the baskets that held the food, threw the contents away, which did include a thin paper liner, but then just stacked the baskets back on the counter ready to be used for the next customer, they were not cleaned or washed or anything, unless you call the waitress brushing out a few crumbs with her hand, how totally unhygienic. Will never be returning here

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went here purely for the link to doctor who so we were very happy to be there , and the decor and 50s diner feel was also cool . If your going I would reccomend you go for the diner feel and not the food.
The food was ok burgers nice but not the best and cheesy chips nice too. Would go back for a quick snack maybe but there are nicer more reasonable places in the area to eat.
Service good , staff friendly and the place was clean .

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had to go all the way to Wales to get a 50s diner! I love 50s style diners, just for their fun atmosphere and usually good food. The food was decent here. The main things that won us over were the Root beer floats and chili cheese fries!

We each had a cheese burger, which was alright. Definitely not the best cheese burger. I enjoyed some chili cheese fries, since I hadn't had any in quite awhile!

The food is not exceptional but it is edible and fairly good. The atmosphere is quite fun, as they are playing American oldies, mostly. there is fun art work on the walls, along with various old antique style accessories. I would definitely go back and probably try the apple pie and maybe one of the hot dogs!