“Amazing wedding venue, brilliant staff. Just stunning!”
Review of Canada Lodge

Canada Lodge
Ranked #392 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cardiff
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I got married at this venue in August 2012; we had the ceremony, the reception and evening party here. It was absolutely perfect. Initially we booked the venue because of the stunning grounds, intimate setting and size. We had a small wedding of only 55 guests, so we didn't want to feel lost in a large hotel setting. Canada lodge is just perfect for this; it is totally yours for the day. We were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, however I totally disagree. The entire team were super helpful from the initial enquiry right through to the day after when we collected some left over items.

Dai the bar manager is an absolute gem; he is so friendly and really adds to the atmosphere and fun of the day. I really wanted a signature purple cocktail; however I had no idea what. Dai got a cocktail book and random assortment of spirits and we spent the afternoon of the day before mixing and tasting until we found the perfect drink that everyone loved. He was determined to make it just what we wanted.

We got married quite early on a Sunday morning, however luckily the lake side room (downstairs) was available the day before for set up. This was great and really helped avoid stress on the day. When we arrived the whole team were there to help, including Dai, Jayne and the girls from Strawberry fields.

The catering was provided by Strawberry fields and Lee their front of house manager ran the day for us and provided toast master service. Wow, what can I say, the food was fantastic and Lee and his team were just brilliant. We had a tasting session in Bath beforehand and the food tasted just as great as it did then.

The ceremony is held in the upstairs room which is just stunning with the high ceilings, wooden floor and views to the lake. The wedding breakfast is in the downstairs room which has direct access to the lawns. This room is a blank canvas and once dressed with your flowers etc. it looks stunning as well. After the wedding breakfast we had almost 3hrs gap before the evening entertainment, so we arranged garden games and a jazz band. We also served Limón cello and wedding cake at this point. Which was yummy and kept our guests nicely topped up on sugar and alcohol. We were worried that guests would get cabs back to the hotel to get changed or have a rest at this point, however pretty much everyone just chilled on the lawn, played the games and listened or danced to the band. It really was everything I hoped it would be.
I have so many positive things to say, I really could go on for pages. However I will try to cut it short. We had THE most amazing day, everything was just perfect. It is a beautiful venue, with professional but incredibly friendly staff that really go above and beyond to make it a truly magical day. We wouldn't change a thing and I highly recommend it to anyone that is having a small to medium sized wedding and are looking for something a bit more special than a standard hotel wedding.

1  Thank Cerys P

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Canada Lake Lodge was the perfect venue for our wedding (Sept 2012).

- 15-20 minutes from Cardiff
- Beautiful surroundings (especially on a sunny day!)
- No need for guests to travel between service and reception
- Great sound system for meal / disco music and so saved money on a DJ
- Enough room for a Ceilidh
- Efficient and enthusiastic bar staff - Dai the bar man could not have been more helpful

All our guests commented on what an amazing venue it is. You must go and see it if you are thinking of holding a wedding near Cardiff.

There is a choice of caterers at the venue. We used Spiros Catering and Spiro and his team were absolutely fantastic in the lead up to the wedding and on the day. Spiro prepared a fabulous feast tailored to our needs. Spiro is also an accomplished Master of Ceremonies! Could not recommend Spiro and his team highly enough.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Got married at this beautiful venue in September and everything went smoothly. The communication with organisers was straight forward, and easy. I was getting worried after reading a few of the reviews, but i found them extremely helpful.The food was stunning, no faults at all and all my guests really enjoyed themselves and there was an excellent atmosphere there. The Bar manager and staff on the evening were absolutely brilliant, he even took a few of my friends to the shop as they had run out of money, and they all helped make it a perfect wedding. Thank you so much.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wonderful scenery and ideal backdrop for wedding photographs, excellent organisation for the wedding.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Lovely food, even the chicken which I wouldn't normally choose. But the main thing is the setting, you could be in Canada, surrounded by tall pines and a perfect lake filled with goldfish and koi. The in-house wedding coordinator didn't do much to help packing up or acting as toastmaster so I would recommend you bring a wedding planner/coordinator with you, but other than that, wonderful.

1  Thank busyquizzer