“Good food - long wait”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It wasn't the first time I visited the restaurant but the first one at Cardiff Bay. The day was rather chilly so the place was packed with people eating inside. We ordered burgers, chips and onion rings and weren't disappointed as burgers were cooked exactly as ordered - medium and well-done. The place should have got 4 stars from me if not for ridiculous waiting time of 25 minutes! Perhaps the shift was changing or there was a technical glitch in the kitchen but half an hour is way too long for burgers.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stuck in town waiting to meet some friends to go to a watch a local group play at a bar. It's raining hard and every restaurant within a 5 minute walk appears to be full apart from this one, we don't have much time so opted to give it a try.

The staff were friendly, the menu was simple and the food delivery was quick.

My only gripe is that although the meal was fine, two burgers, chips and a drink for just over £30 seems seriously over priced. Don't get me wrong, the burgers were better than the cheap fare at McDonalds, but was the meal worth three times the price?

Well for us the answer is no, if paying over the odds for a burger is your thing then great, just not for us.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Standard food for gbk's....mid range on the price front, staff welcoming and the place is clean....althou they have the thinest chips/ fries I have ever seen.
Good place to eat.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have to start by saying that the Cheese and Bacon Burger here is probably one of the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked with the right amount of toppings and my partners chicken burger was also pretty good. Unfortunately our side orders of fries arrived more than five minutes after the burgers and the chunky fries, advertised as twice cooked were bland and mostly hard inside. We were also unable to have a side of onion rings as we were told that they had run out, despite it being only midday. Although the sun was shining, it wasn't a particularly warm day and therefore having the doors to the outside seating area wide open made the inside very draughty. It's pretty expensive for burgers - including a couple of Cokes, the bill came to just under £30 for the two of us. I would certainly try GBK again because of the fantastic burgers but I can't say that I would rush to this branch again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Awesome food on offer, friendly staff. Blue cheese burger and rosemary fries rock. Well worth a visit.