The River House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$108
$127
Marriott Hotels
$138
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$110
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$158
$144
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$137
$108
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$48
$45
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$116
$93
$135
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbed dormcommon roomhouse backpackersfree pizzafantastic hostelprivate twin roomapple pie and ice creamfree breakfast isyogurtwelsh cakesmillennium stadiumbreakfast was amazingwell equipped kitchentrain and bus stationcardiff castlecommon areascity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here for the location as it's so close to town centre & Motorpoint Arena. Friendly staff, homely TV room, cute & cosy kitchen & dining room with adequate buffet breakfast but the coffee could have been better.
Main criticism is the noisy squeaky uncomfy beds & also found it a bit small.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2014

we were a group of 8 from London and we all had the same experience, polite and friendly owners, clean rooms and toilets lovely living room and we loved the dining area with different games to play we had plans to go out but then decided to stay in for the evening and play some games and have fun! I believe the reason is cosy atmosphere and home like ambiance, I am a light sleeper and I had a good nice sleep which says a lot.we simply loved the place and would like to go again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
lovecardiff1, Owner at The River House, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for staying and for your kind words - Hope to welcome you back again ;)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed a night here recently in a 4 share dorm and it was great! One of the best hostels we have stayed in. Clean and bright rooms, comfy beds. The bathrooms were in really good condition and there was plenty of them. The breakfast is fantastic and the free desserts are a winner too! It's an easy walk to the city centre and train and bus stations. We would definitely recommend a stay here if you are in Cardiff!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank Rebecca for a lovely review . I hope you do come back and visit again soon ;)

Abi and Charlie

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My heartfelt thanks to Abi and Charlie! Thank you for creating such a cozy place, making me feel at home in a new city! The rooms are comfortable and clean, and so are the toilets! The kitchen is absolutely modern, usually full of surprises, and everyone is happy to take good care of her! Charlie's lasagne is even better than the Jamie's! You bring me the sweetest memory of Cardiff!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for making an effort to write such a lovely review . Hope to welcome you back again

Abi and Charlie

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hostel itself is pretty good, confortable beds and a good breakfast, but you are paying 20 pounds a night. Theres not much space in the rooms and the commom room is often full, but bearable. The thing that impressed me and my friend the most, its the staff behaviour, we stayed two nights, and we had a late coach back to london, so we figured we could stay at the hostel untill the time. However, I was told we could only stay in the hostel untill 9pm and leave after that in a rather unpolite way. So we decided to stay in the common room, I was looking for a movie to watch on the tv, and my friend was charging his tablet, when the owner came to us and said we cant watch the tv or use his eletricity since we didnt book another night! and turned one of the lights of the leaving room, leaving us in the dark. I hope they were just having a bad day, but we had to stay in the cold for a few hours because of their attitude.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank LuiZomignani

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hostel. However -

Our check out time is 11 am. We kindly looked after your bags for hours while you visited the city.
You came back in the afternoon and without asking helped yourself to our facilities. I allowed you to do this only assuming you wouldn't be long.
I was wrong ! For hours you used all the plug points to charge your devices and even unplugged our side light. So Yes it was you that turned the light off . I asked what time you were leaving and you said 3am. I was not rude and politely told you would be unable to stay after pm. It is not fair on myself or my current guests for you to abuse our generosity and not even appreciate it.

Kind Regards