We stayed here for 2 nights, and got a room for two. We were a bit older than the college-aged majority of the guests, but still felt welcome and at home. Clean spaces, and a nice kitchen with a great breakfast. The first night there there was free cider an ale, and the second night a free spaghetti dinner for those who signed up. A nice end to a cold, wet, Welsh day. Shared living room space with great selection of movies and travel books, and Friendly owners always ready with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The River House is a city centre hostel in Cardiff near all the main attractions. This award winning Cardiff hostel has a selection of mixed shared room, female shared rooms, family rooms and private rooms. All guests get free wifi which is everywhere, a huge continental breakfast and a great central location. The hostel is run and owned by a local Cardiff family who can give advice about nearby attractions and help make your stay a welcome one. There is a bed and breakfast, homely feel which is helped by a fully equipped guest kitchen, a dining room, a lounge with hundreds of TV channels, board games and 150 DVDs you can watch for free. The River House has won many awards and has been voted the best hostel in Wales since 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your The River House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River House Backpackers Hotel Cardiff
- The River House Cardiff, Wales