The River House
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$174
$165
Very Good 4/5
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$41
Very Good 4/5
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$178
Tanes Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$66
$63
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$64
PremierInn.com
$139
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$68
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed dormcommon roomhouse backpackersfree pizzafantastic hostelprivate twin roomapple pie and ice creamfree breakfast isyogurtwelsh cakesmillennium stadiumbreakfast was amazingwell equipped kitchentrain and bus stationcardiff castlecommon areascity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is the best hostel we have been on our trip to the UK! Very friendly staff, clean rooms and the breakfast is just perfect... Great thanks to Abi and Charlie for everything! We will return...

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Me and 3 friends were going to the MJ tribute concert in Cardiff and didn't want to spend big bucks on a over priced hotel. Just before the concert I had to be operated on my leg and needed a place to stay close to the stadium so I didn't have to walk all the way. Glad we had chosen this one.

Can't believe they still call this a Hostel. In short word, best hostel I have seen in my entire life! Been to a few in Australia, NZ & Asia. Never seen anything more clean, new and comfortable. They helped me with getting all my stuff up and even suggested to get a room closer to the ground (even though everything was fully booked). Great location, very close to the stadium, city center, bars and clubs. Breakfast was abnormally large and very good. Free wifi and even a superb shower! Big rooms, lockers and great new beds! Definitely a place worth staying, if you want value for money this is the place to be!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed here for two nights when settling my daughter into Cardiff Uni and I can`t wait to stay here again,The place is spotless and so friendly-more like home. Breakfast was brilliant with so much choice...Szilvia and the team could not have done more to make my stay the most pleasant. The showers were clean and efficient and beds comfortable even if the guy across from me snored louder than ME! Close to the city centre and railway station with great position near the river and park. Fully booked on one of the nights I stayed...says it all!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We were quoted rates for a group of under 13 rugby players, really looking forward to going to Cardiff to play rugby against a local team. We had organized everything then were told by this hostel that the rates had more than doubled. They tried to make all kinds of really embarrassing, lame excuses but we have an email with prices for exact dates, not much you can deny there. In the end they just put the phone down. Never again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank john s
lovecardiff1, Owner at The River House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

This is a review from a travel agency . We quoted a price for a group booking . We clearly told them they would have to book within 1 week. They called to book 3 weeks later and were quoted a different price . This is not a guest review so I'm a little perplexed on how this review can be valid.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend as a couple travelling with another couple. Far exceeded expectations in every way. Welcome was friendly, rooms were amazingly clean and the breakfast was incredible! The location couldnt have been better, across from the stadium offered great views each morning and only a few minutes walk to most centre city or the bay.

Dont want to sound too gushing but couldnt not have faulted our stay here. Felt like you were a guest in a good friends house. Well done.

Bonus - big lounge with a huge TV and Sky! - Great for watching rugby!

Room Tip: Im sure they are all good. Either garden view or river view is good.