“Relaxed, efficient, delicious.”

Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to the Thai House mid week, there were plenty of other diners but the restaurant was not full. It was ideal, the service was efficient and unobtrusive but polite.
I had one of the clear hot soups to start, extremely tasty, quite hot but not blow your head off hot as I've had elsewhere.
I had a main of seabass with Thai herbs and spices which was nicely cooked and we shared green vegetables in oyster sauce which was almost the best dish of the evening, fab.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant for an evening meal. We were the only ones there until another couple arrived. We studied the menu and were about to order 2 dishes at 8pounds 50 each, when I noticed a note on the bottom of the menu that the minimum price for an evening meal in the evening was 17 pounds 50 per person! I asked the waiter if this was correct and she said yes. On asking her how this was possible to expect us to pay 35 pounds for two simple meals, so she left to ask the manager. The answer was still the same so we left the restaurant.

I am not surprised that the restaurant was almost empty and I do so hope that nobody else gets caught like this. I am sure the waitress would not have warned us about the minimum charge when we ordered. Please take care!!!!

1  Thank MargaretJP
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Dined here Thursday night and we loved it. We found the staff to be very friendly. We had a banquet for three people and had it with Thai beers. We found the staff very hospitable - they were informing us of the difference in colour of their uniforms was done to senior and junior staff. they food was served a bit too fast but did not affect our enjoyment of the evening. I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was our first visit and have to say The Thai House cardiff is extremely over-priced for what is produced on plates. The staff are very rude, try to make you order more and when you say no they pretend to be unable to understand what you are saying continually enforcing like tyrants their £17.50 minimum per person. We paid 63 pounds in the end for three of us and the majority of what was produced, with the exception of one dish out of four, was of awful and disgusting quality! I ordered the Crying Tiger dish which was 12 pounds and having been forced to get another dish we ordered marinated sirloin steak as thought if we are being made to order £17 worth of food each we will just order one dish 16.95 pounds in price. However considering the prices we paid in general the meat quality was poor and fatty and inedible! Even the fancy sauce on the side couldn't mask the taste of fatty and chewy meat going down your food pipe!
Extremely disappointing, definitely going to book the madeira next door next time. So much for wanting to try out a new place!! Will just stick with what I know!!

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We hadn't eaten at the Thai house for years but on a whim we decided to go back recently for old times sake. Sadly we were sorely disappointed. The ambience is horribly parochial, the decor hasn't changed in a decade and most importantly the food was incredibly dull and flavourless when compared with the likes of Canton's Bangkok House or Whitchurch's Thai Lounge. Our chicken dish was burned and the red curry over spiced. This is a restaurant that's lapsed into a rut and been there since I was 20. Which is quite a while back...

1  Thank Robertsdesk