“Another fantastic meal!”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We go to the Thai house every year for my Dad and my joint birthday meal and it was fantastic as always. The staff are always so friendly and the food is always fantastic. There was a small mixup with the booking, they only had us down as a table for 2 when there were 4 of us but that wasn't a problem and we had a table but it was right by a radiator. When we asked to be moved next to a really nice table next to the window they were fine with it!0
We had Ruam Mit - mixed hot starters - which include mushroom toasts, duck spring rolls, chicken wings and sate, with peanut, sweet chilli and cucumber dips.
Then we had:
Bed Tord Grob - crispy duck in a tamarind sauce - this is one of their most popular dishes and is amazing.
Gung Pat Prik - prawns with chillis and herbs
Ner Loy Far - Heavenly Beef
Gang Kio Warn Gai - Green chicken curry
Pat Pak Namman Hoi - Vegetables in oyster sauce
Then fragrant rice for 4
We finished with banana fritters with banana ice cream and some floater coffees.
I'd recomment this restaurant for a romantic meal or a nice meal with the family!

1  Thank Kira S

Reviewed May 2, 2012

What an amazing dining experience, thsi was my first go at Thai food and I am very glad we tried Thai House. The restaurant and staff are beautiful and the staff are very attentive and patient! The menu was vast but not too big where you cant decide what you want! We had starters and mains and the dishes were of a good size, we left extremely full and regretably I couldnt manage desert which is a shame as the menu looked lush! All the food arrived hot and everything was full of flavour, highly recommend this place and cant wait to visit again!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

what a find this was on our one night stay in Cardiff. Food stunning and service second to none! water constantly refilled and when my husband went to fill our wine glasses himself, someone was there in a flash taking over. Nothing too much trouble and superb food, a winning combination, a particular favourite was a mouthwatering fish dish that had been marinated in red curry and steamed whilst wrapped in Banana leaves, was heaven !
It was a Friday night and busy but there was a really good atmosphere here too, definitely going back when go to Cardiff again.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have been a regular at the Thai House since moving to Cardiff some years ago and did not realise I had not reviewed it. This is one of my favourite places to eat in Cardiff and pretty much food with something for everyone, a place I take friends and family when visiting.
The restaurant itself is lovely and relaxed with a very nice atmosphere and sitting in different parts of the restaurant over the years gives a different experience. The staff are always attentive without being overly so. Service is always pretty fast but with enough time for courses to settle in your tummy!
I have tried a lot of the menu but for a new thai diner the set meals are all excellent. For starters the mussels are do die for - hot and lemony, salty and meaty a tastebud sensation. If you are not into seafood then the mixed meat starters are equally a taste sensation. For main the 'crying tiger' beef is sensational - thin strips of beef in a chilli beef style light sauce - very moreish. Another taste sensation is the tamarind duck one we always go back to. For fish the Plas Samlee (Sea Bass) is an extravagant fish treat but so clean and delicious. If there is room for dessert then try anything it is down to taste whether sweet or sharp the ice creams and sorbets round off the meal!
As I said by the title this is a place to go back to if not to try more dishes then to savour the ones you know and love.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Elegant dishes full with flavour. Friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Will visit again, perhaps even tomorrow. Really that good.