We stayed here for a 2-night weekend break - our first at a Premier Inn - and found everything satisfactory. The receptionists were all friendly, cheerful and chatty; our room was a decent size (bigger than at some other, more upmarket hotel chains) and bissfully quiet, despite the hotel's location just off a major roundabout. As for the bed, the mattress was the best I've ever encountered - bliss! We didn't try breakfast at the adjacent Cedar Tree (having to eat in a different building could be a disadvantage in bad weather) but did eat there one evening when we were too tired, after a long day, to walk into Caerphilly. Prices were indeed budget but the food was fine and service prompt and pleasant. The walk into Caerphilly is a little boring and it was difficult to cross the roundabout outside the hotel, but we can recommend the castle and the Italian restaurant Bella Capri. There seemed otherwise to be very few places to eat apart from pubs. On the basis of this experience we would happily stay at a Premier Inn again, whilst preferring a hotel with an integral restaurant and with breakfast included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grab yourself a slice of the action at the Premier Inn Hotel Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) - a great choice whether you're in the area for big business, top entertainment or world-class heritage. Your sightseeing menu could include the amazing Caerphilly Castle and Castell Coch. You could satisfy your appetite for the city with a trip into Cardiff. And, if it's the right time of year, why not tuck into the incredible Big Cheese Festival or BBC Proms in the Park? And when you've filled up on fun, return to our on-site pub and comfy rooms. Directions: Exit M4(J32) towards Merthyr Tydfil on A470. Exit junction with A468 to Caerphilly. Continue on A468 to Penrhos roundabout, take 2nd exit to Newport. Continue to the Trecenydd roundabout, go straight across. Take 3rd exit at roundabout. Hotel is behind the Cedar Tree pub. Transport and local information: Caerphilly Castle Historic Site Caerphilly Golf Course Millennium Stadium Events Caerphilly Train Station 1.5 miles Cardiff Airport 15 miles This hotel has conference facilities This hotel has 1 newly opened meeting room, which can hold up to 14 delegates. Directions: Exit M4(J32) towards Merthyr Tydfil on A470. Exit junction with A468 to Caerphilly. Continue on A468 to Penrhos roundabout, take 2nd exit to Newport. Continue to the Trecenydd roundabout, go straight across. Take 3rd exit at roundabout. Hotel is behind the Cedar Tree pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel Caerphilly
- Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel Wales