“Good food, good service, good price.”

Brewers Fayre Crossways
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Caerphilly
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I visited this pub with two friends. This was our first visit to this particular Brewers Fayre although we have visited others and been generally satisfied. We chose from the '2 meals for £10 and 2 deserts for £2 menu'. From the main meals we chose, 1 scampi, 1 fish & chips, 1 chicken tikka and 1 chicken & bacon salad. From the deserts we each selected the caramel apple betty. The food arrived quickly and was of excellent quality. The service and attention from the staff was excellent. We will definitely visit again and have no hesitation in recommending this pub.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The service was prompt and efficient, although the cleanliness needed improving - the tables were a bit on the sticky side...apart from that the food was standard pub grub.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate hear a couple of times whilst holidaying in Wales and the food was good and reasonably priced.

The Sunday Buffet was very good with a very good choice of meat and veg. One night we had a
Steak nd this also was good.

I. did think it was good the way they separated families with children from couples on their own which made for a good relationship all round.

If in Wales again, I would use this Restaurant again.

Margaret S Abingdon on Thames.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have visited many Brewer's Fayres and to be honest this is one of the better ones. Our meal today was well cooked and didn't take too long and the indoor childrens play area is a reasonable size and the children enjoyed it. The negatives were that our desserts still hadn't arrived 40 minutes after ordering so we did ask for a refund, the tables and cutlery were sticky and the floor very dirty, the toilets were also very dirty with toilet seats missing and urine all over the floor. Having said this it was extremely busy and I couldn't fault the staff who were courteous, helpful and paid attention to customers.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have never visited this particular restaurant before and did so with two children aged 3 and 4. It was a Thursday evening so one of the menu selections meant that curry was available as all you can eat on the buffet table. This I have to say was very nice food and I personally enjoyed the choice and at £6.99 I felt it was value for money. Soft drinks are available as free refills which you are given an empty glass from the bar and you fill this up via the soft drink machine yourself. The meals for the other members of the party were not so great. A 8oz steak (for around £12) was ordered medium however arrived rare. This was sent back to ask for it to be cooked a bit more and didn't arrive out again for at least 10-15 mins, at which time most of us had finished our meals. When the steak was returned it was so tough and this time too well done and not pleasant to eat, plus the jacket potato and salad on the plate had completely dried out. The children's food which was ordered from the kids menu arrived to the table by a waiter carrying the plates with a cloth as the plates were too hot to carry. Why on earth would you give any child a plate which you could not touch yourself. This meant we had to ask for two cold plates to transfer the food on to. There is a children's play area with ball pit and climbing frame inside this restaurant and this requires a payment of £2 to enter. The children did use this but I felt having to pay £4 to use a play area in a restaurant that you are already spending money in was a bit much. In summary, unfortunately I have to say that over the years of visiting brewers fayre restaurants that this experience is just the norm. Low quality food with basic service and not all that cheap. I will not be visiting again.