“unbelievable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Llancaiach Fawr

Llancaiach Fawr
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Caerphilly
More attraction details
Owner description: This superbly restored gentry manor house is no ordinary heritage attraction. History here is tangible. The costumed servants of the house are living and working in 1645 and allow you to share and engage in their world. Fires crackle, candles flicker and the sounds and smells of domestic life make your visit a memorable experience of the past. It takes a moment to attune your ear to the unfamiliar speech within the Manor itself, but within seconds of your warm welcome you become immersed in the time of the Civil Wars and the cares and concerns of ordinary people living in extraordinary times.
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went on a free open day and was amazed by the staff that work there in the manor. It spooked me a little as they stayed in there character, I felt like I really had gone back 400 years. Fantastic acting. Will definatly be coming back and bring my niece and nephew. im sure they will be gobsmacked.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank alibarber_13

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ADVERTISE PLEASE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was alway a place I visited at least three tmes per year as a child, either with school trips or with family for Halloween, Christmas or Summer event days. I vividly remember he fantastic tours and now take my nephews and nieces on the same ours which they enjoy immensely.

This site also hosts a plethora of fantastic events, such as the upcoming 'White Christmas' event on the two Thursdays prior to Christmas 2013. I live a 2 minute drive fro this venue. Yet you NEVER see any advertising as to what is actually on! Its really very sad as the place gets forgotten and then you miss out on wonderful evenings of live music, food and entertainment, excellent value for money, as well as many days of what would be family fun. Step up your advertising campaign please!

1 Thank PeachMagee
Lesley E, Manager at Llancaiach Fawr, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoy visiting Llancaiach Fawr Manor, and the fact that your nieces and nephews also have a wonderful time shows that the Manor really is a tourist attraction suitable for all ages.

I can assure that Llancaiach Fawr Manor advertises widely in the local press, online through our website and facebook pages, via our email database as well as using posters in local shops, libraries and Cardiff Central and Queen Street train stations.

However, if there is a particluar area you think we could improve upon please contact me directly, my email address is edwarl2@caerphilly.gov.uk. I would be delighted to hear from you.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable and informative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my 11yr old nephew here towards the end of the school summer holidays. We went on the tour around the house. This was incredibly interesting and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable. The staff stay in role as members living in the mansion throughout the tour which adds a lovely touch, especially for the children. The grounds also put on many events throughout the year. I have recently been to their dog show which was again a very enjoyable event.

Visited September 2012
Treharris, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Best Sunday carverys !!! Very nice place to visit, do excellent family days in the children holidays for the children to enjoy

1 Thank Kirsty E
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a fantastic day out. All the staff were extremely helpful and I was allowed to park in a disabled bay for easy access,as I had a fractured foot. They also lent me a wheelchair and the staff in the house tour were really helpful and waited for me before starting talks. They also showed me where the easiest walking access to each level was and kept me a seat on each floor. I cannot fault them. The talks were really adult/child friendly and interesting. If you fancy going back in time to The Year of Our Lord 1645 and listening to Ye Olde English/Welsh, then this is definitely the day out for you. Fun day for children and adults alike.