“Very enjoyable and informative.”
Review of Llancaiach Fawr

Llancaiach Fawr
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Caerphilly
More attraction details
Owner description: This superbly restored gentry manor house is no ordinary heritage attraction. History here is tangible. The costumed servants of the house are living and working in 1645 and allow you to share and engage in their world. Fires crackle, candles flicker and the sounds and smells of domestic life make your visit a memorable experience of the past. It takes a moment to attune your ear to the unfamiliar speech within the Manor itself, but within seconds of your warm welcome you become immersed in the time of the Civil Wars and the cares and concerns of ordinary people living in extraordinary times.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable and informative.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my 11yr old nephew here towards the end of the school summer holidays. We went on the tour around the house. This was incredibly interesting and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable. The staff stay in role as members living in the mansion throughout the tour which adds a lovely touch, especially for the children. The grounds also put on many events throughout the year. I have recently been to their dog show which was again a very enjoyable event.

Visited September 2012

Treharris, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fab”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Best Sunday carverys !!! Very nice place to visit, do excellent family days in the children holidays for the children to enjoy

1 Thank Kirsty E
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Out”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a fantastic day out. All the staff were extremely helpful and I was allowed to park in a disabled bay for easy access,as I had a fractured foot. They also lent me a wheelchair and the staff in the house tour were really helpful and waited for me before starting talks. They also showed me where the easiest walking access to each level was and kept me a seat on each floor. I cannot fault them. The talks were really adult/child friendly and interesting. If you fancy going back in time to The Year of Our Lord 1645 and listening to Ye Olde English/Welsh, then this is definitely the day out for you. Fun day for children and adults alike.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The theme of this attraction is to bring a period of history to life. The Manor House is furnished as it would have been in 1645, and the guides all play various roles in explaining the history of the time. Colonel Pritchard, the owner, maids, servants and music tutor all take you through various rooms, and play their roles excellently, encouraging interaction and questions, with great humour and sense of fun.
On various occasions there are special events, historical re-enactments, ghost hunts etc.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect Wedding Venue - Llancaiach Fawr Manor”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was determined to write having read some negative comments about Llancaiach Fawr Manor as a Wedding venue. I had my wedding there and it was perfect. The staff were helpful and friendly and very cooperative - especially as we were a last minute booking. The day could have been a disaster as, inevitably, it rained, but the staff were well prepared - even down to an umbrella ready to cover me as I got out of the car. We had the ceremony in the Conservatory looking out across the countryside and the meal and later disco in the Barn. The staff were friendly and efficient as they moved a few tables to make the dance floor. I would thoroughly recommend Llancaiach as a venue for any event - be it wedding, christening or even funeral tea.

Visited September 2012