“Nice restaurant bit overpriced for average food.”
Review of Fwrrwm Ishta - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Staff were friendly and the restaurant was very clean. The menu was limited overpriced and the quality was average

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Been here many of times in the last few years, but yesterday (Fathers day) had to be the worst. I believe it is under new management again! Our meat was cold, they did sort that out after we complained and they couldn't apologise enough. There were only certain desserts available as they had run out, so my son just had a bowl of custard, well i dont think chef knew how to make this it was lumpy with bits of red floating in it! No vanilla ice cream left so my daughter had to have chocolate ice cream, which wasn't a problem until our desserts turned up chocolate forte with vanilla ice cream on the side!! What a disappointment for all the fathers day out. Will not be returning!!

1  Thank Sueandsi
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Not visited for a little while, but last time the food and atmosphere were very good.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We called in on our way home from Newport thinking well it will do for a change,as we had been there some time back when it was a pub.Well what a surprise the food was out of this world the service was even better. We were made to feel as if we were the only ones there and that nothing was to much for the staffto do for us when the food arived it was realy realy great,we had starters, mains, and I had a sweet,we also had 3 large glasses of wine and a pint, and althougth when looking at the menu the prices did seem high when we paid our bill it only worked outat £25 each .Which for the food and service was realy cheep .Well done to the chef and staff. We will be back.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My partner and I visited this restaurant for the first time in well over 10 years.
I was expecting a much better experience after some of the reviews I had seen.
Don't get me wrong, the food was of a good standard, but both my starter and main were very bland and lacked flavour.
Dessert was probably the only high-light, however, their 'baileys creme anglais' turned out be a mere dribble on the plate.
Very over-priced for the standard of food received.

1  Thank eppyblack