“Buffet”

Caeffatri Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 174 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Caeffatri Bar and Grill is a privately owned bar and restaurant in the heart of Bridgend. The Management has over 20 years experience in the leisure industry and following the success of The Highwayman Inn, Rhoose, decided to embark on a new venture. Situated off Coity Road, close to the Princess of Wales Hospital, The Premier Inn & McArthur Glen outlet village at Junction 35 of the M4, the restaurant is open daily for lunch and evening meal. The Caeffatri has undergone a substantial investment to give it a new lease of life with a fully refurbished bar, restaurant, lounge and function rooms. The new menu has been devised by our Head Chef and offers a wide selection of freshly prepared dishes with all produce being sourced locally. Dishes range from traditional pub classics, steaks, fish dishes, daily specials, Sunday lunches, a freshly prepared children menu and not forgetting the Highwayman infamous Condemned Mans Meal. Opening Times Monday - Thursday: 12-11pm - Meals Served: 12-9pm Friday & Saturday: 12-12 Midnight - Food Served: 12-9pm Sunday: 12-11pm - Meals Served: 12-5pm
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Due to a family bereavement, we booked the Caeffatri for a buffet after the service and was not disappointed at all. When I booked it Laura the manager dealt with me and she was so friendly and helpful so thank you Laura. The buffet was fantastic with a great choice which suited all tastes, the staff very helpful and asked us on quite a few occasions if everything was alright and if we needed anything. Couldn't fault anything and we did take plates of food home with us - lovely!!

There are new owners there now and they have refurbished the inside of the pub (looks much better now) and they are about to change the menu, so I look forward to going and trying the meals. Thank you all again for a fab buffet and for looking after us so well - well done.

1  Thank Larraine A

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I discovered the Caeffatri about a year ago when I visited with some friends. We were greeted by Leonor and Howell Williams who own the Caeffatri. Customers are made to feel like family and are always welcome. Lovely atmosphere and the staff are down to earth!

The drinks are cheap and the food is reasonably priced. I recommend any of the curries and desserts (Banana splits are delicious!) They are always willing to change the menu to suit your needs and requests. I am particularly fussy about my food and I can honestly say that I have never had cause to complain about the food served to me. I ate there today! I would recommend this pub to anyone.

1  Thank Carmi_23
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy going to this pub frequently! The pub has a very friendly family feeling to it, with staff who make sure your comfortable! My mum who is in a wheelchair loved being able to go there for food as it was accessible. I've sampled a lot of the menu and all the food is great - especially the cooked roast dinner on a Sunday! The highlight or me is the wide range of food! The Thai currys are amazing! And you can tell its all home cooked! And if ur lucky enough Lenor will come out to talk to you and tell you about the latest yummy dessert she's whipped up!

2  Thank Trickstarrr
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you want a michelin star restaurant, with michelin star prices, jump on a train to London and try the Dorchester.

It you want great home cooked food, at "kind to the pocket" prices, washed down with your favourite tipple in a relaxing atmosphere... try the Caeffatri.

Got to be honest, I love it...Cwrw Braf and a Curry ½ & ½ ...awesome!

1  Thank drowzee1872
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Smelly,not the same since it changed from years ago,and it has been taken over and turned in to a Chinese oriental food.

This used to serve the best pub grub years ago and was clean ,not for us sorry ..

4  Thank BIGFATMAMMA45
Thecaeffatri_2013, Owner at Caeffatri Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We have had The Caeffatri for just Over 10 years now and we are very proud of what we achieved so far. We work very hard to keep it successful until now and hope for many more years to come,
We have a large number of patrons who regularly dine with us either as individuals or group associations who meet at our pub
We are a family friendly pub building up our clientele all the time with genuine customers and circle of lovely decent families, handful of local businesses, local retired teachers, local retired Welsh Guards, Fund Raisers, Local Sporting Events, Local Schools and an excellent regulars BAR who have become friends

Referring to the comment "No thank you and Smell" of course Curry will leave an aroma but certainly not an unpleasant smell. You either like it or not. But many people love it. 80% of our customers enjoy our large selection of ethnic foods. They come from a long way for this.
Don't knock it until you have tried it. The best thing about it is it's boosting our trade.

I actually had a shock when I read this review. I considered it as a spiteful comment and bordering on 'racist' and an attempt to bring us down. On the contrary, after posting this review our business brought us a lot of trade and more bookings, as genuine experienced diners decided to try our INTERNATIONAL cuisine for themselves. ✨✨