“Best chinese food locally!”
Review of The New Garden

The New Garden
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Best chinese food you will find locally in a lovely restaurant with great atmosphere. I like it when the piano is being played...it adds that extra bit to atmosphere

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited on Saturday, just for a casual dinner. We were able to get a table which at such short notice of booking ( 3 hours), I was thrilled. On arrival (7.30pm) the restaurant was nearly full, even the extra room at the back was opened up. The atmosphere was fantastic. We were seated right away and our drinks order taken then, so no waiting.
We ordered our dishes and they came out really quickly. We had a mixture of starters which were all cooked fresh and were absolutely delicious. I could of stopped athe starters, but the mains cam a little while later, and we were all happy with our dishes. Fresh & wonderfully tasty.
This is by far our favourite Chinese Restaurant and is defiantel worth driving out to.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food here is lovely, although I always feel a little rushed when i eat here. I understand they are very busy as a large restaurant, but i don't want my starters to arrive minutes after ordering them. The food is tasty but you can tell it's obviously mass made and simply re heated or kept warm judging by the time it takes to arrive. The staff are friendly and generally it's very clean, although they do tend to have a lot of large groups booking there (especially at xmas) which can take away from your relaxing atmosphere. Drunken men singing and shoving chop sticks up their noses jusy doesn't do it for me. Sorry.
The prices are ok, not the cheapest considering the food but it is nice.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've had to invent a new word to describe how bad the service was! Arrived at 7.30 with quite a large group from work. Table was booked well in advance and the large dinning room was not that busy when we arrived. It took 25 minutes for the order to taken. It took 25 minutes for starters to arrive.25 minutes after starters eight of the group were served with mains. 20 minutes after that the last group were served! The first group had virtually finished eating! Food was decent but not as great as previous reviewers may have suggested. If I had been there for a family birthday occasion and my relatives had to wait like that I was have been severely annoyed.

1  Thank DavidDickenson
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The New Garden has been around a long time and still the best, with consistently good food served in the restaurant and at takeaway and it's still a great place to eat for a special occasion. I was surprised with a previous review of undercooked food as I have been eating there for over 20 years and the food has always been great.