“Nice meal and drinks”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #27 of 174 Restaurants in Bridgend
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A pub in the heart of the community in Coychurch. With a car park to the rear and beautiful views from the garden and inside. You can pick from a selection of cask ales including guests as well as our newly found specials board or you can eat of our main menu. Great deals through out the week, including cask ale club, wine club, curry night and also our lunchtime and evening set menu deal. Advisable to book a table for Sunday roast.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were there in a funeral party on wednesday 11th june. We had the full menu to choose from . My wife chose the Hunters chicken with salad and chips and i chose cod and chips which was cooked well and fresh. The Brains bitter was not great and my wifes whiskey and lemoade seemed flat. Over all very nice .

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Always excellent service with friendly staff. Usually busy on a Sunday but never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a clean table, the staff are always very accommodating in trying to seat us during busy times. The Sunday dinner is amazing. We return every Sunday without fail, the perfect hangover cure! reasonable prices too, as my daughter only has vegetables with no meat, so they provide this at a reduced cost. You can even take a dinner away on a plate, which is helpful as my partner works Sundays. Definitely the best Sunday lunch in Bridgend.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The WH has plenty of tables to sit and eat but they are almost always full around 2pm (maybe because it is so popular). After finding a table I went to the bar to pay for a £5.25 (reasonable) vegetarian carvery. It took around 2m for the staff to serve me and were happy to make vegetarian gravy just for me. I think I stood in line for a maximum of 1m before being able to serve myself.

The peas and stuffing were first class. The roasties, yorkshire pudding and cabbage was average. The carrots had very little taste to them and were too watery.

The service, setting and staff I'd give 4 out of 5 but the food was a let down. If the food was improved to beyond average I think I'd give overall 4 out of 5 and visit more often.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great pub friendly staff excellent landlady and landlord food is superb atmosphere excellent go back again and again

Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a fab place! called in today with my husband and our 2 teenage daughters and thoroughly enjoyed, lovely ambiance, friendly staff, great menu choice, excellent all round. I recommend the Brie with roasted vegetables on a mediterranean salad (lemon and mint dressing) it was delicious ! and the desserts were just amazing... we will be back :)