“2nd vist”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Second visit and I'd say better than the first. Took my Gran here and she loved it, She must of put 2 quid in the juke box !!!

1  Thank Kristen S

Reviewed January 27, 2013

After spending the last 7 months in hospital or at home this was my first time out. and we decided to take a chance and eat at ED'S Diner. I'm in a wheelchair and access was very easy via the lift by the stairs. We were greeted with a warm smile and friendly hello within 20 seconds of arriving. We were seated in a place where I wouldn't feel my wheelchair would be in the way of other diners. The place was spotless and the service first class and the food was tasty and well presented. If your looking for cheap then maybe this isn't the place for you. The meal was £27 for the two of us which I thought was good value for what we had. The service really did make this place outstanding. There are plenty of other places to eat for the same money but none as good on standard of food, service and atmosphere. Wheelchair access is brilliant. I can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank Tom-R-Weaver
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to Eds Easy Diner one evening last week and wow what an experience !
Quick fresh food and you can see them cooking it, so you know it's fresh, signed up for the Eds club now I'll get offers and points for more value.
I'm hooked thanks Ed!

1  Thank Kristen S
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to Ed's Diner tonight at 18:00 hrs and ordered our meals and drinks. Drinks arrived about 3 mins later and the food for 4 of us arrived about 10 mins later, didn't even have time for my coffee to go cold. Coffee was bland, food was hot, tasty but small portions compared to what you would expect from an american theme bar. 4 burgers, 1 fries, 3 coffees an ice tea and 3 pancakes cost over £42 which I can only describe as extortionate. Definitely will not be going back, although they were quicker than Franky & Benny's by about 2 hours.

1  Thank Paul_Mangan
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After a trip to New York last year,my partner and I fancied reminiscing over some "American Diner Cuisine",so chose Ed's diner-what a mistake. As soon as we ordered drinks,one sarcastic and opinionated "waiter" voiced his view on how he hoped we weren't driving,eventhough only one of us ordered an alcoholic drink.
Anyway,when our food appeared,we were both less than impressed-the burgers are no juicier,tastier or thicker than any normal burger you can buy from a supermarket,and literally tasted of nothing. The "american" bacon on the burger and fries was not crispy as American style bacon normally is,and again,was boring and tasteless. I ordered a side of guacamole,but for the price and taste,it was definately not worth it. Plus,it had obviously been kept under the heat lamp with our food prior to us receiving it,as the top of the guacamole in the tiny pot,(and I mean tiny),had a dark green hard crust on it,which is always appetising! (you could get a pot with about 3 or 4 times more guacamole in Sainsburys across the car park for about £1.60,so could always smuggle your own in?!)
The ONLY positive about the whole experience was the milkshake at the end of our meal-I had a peanut butter and chocolate one,which was Devine,and my boyfriend had a mint one,which he really enjoyed. The rest of the whole experience was a real let down,and very expensive for what it was-nearly £38 for one bottle of lager, a root beer, two burgers and fries (which weren't fries-they were thick chips which were obviously from a bag kept in a freezer),one measley portion of guacamole and two milkshakes! Avoid it at all costs,unless you only want to fill up on milkshake,or are happy spending your money on something you could make at home for a fraction of the price and with a lot more flavour. We're very disappointed Ed!

2  Thank PcCruel4493