“Used to be my local”

Ranked #3 of 183 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We would like to wish you a warm welcome to The Star Inn..Now Voted as one of the Top Ten Pubs In Wales..We pride ourselves on delivering a great pub experience with good quality delicious food. Our menu is created to offer you a variety of options, also ask us about our specials of the day. Always advisable to book a table to avoid disappointment, Please ask about our Buffets, Christenings, Weddings, Funerals and any special occasion catered for. Also if we are fully booked why not try our new sister Pub , The Ivor Arms Brynsadler.
Wales. UK
“Used to be my local”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had to move away from the lovely village where this pub lives. Fab food and v interesting landlord (when he's in situ). Great village pub turned into a good food venue- at August they have a real ale festival, definitely worth a visit

Visited February 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, attentive service.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Not a massive selection of food, but tasty food with fantastic service. £20 for two course off the special menu not bad for the quality. Would definitely go again. The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly.

North Cornelly, null, United Kingdom
“Average and overpriced with a helping of poor service!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Myself and my wife tried The Star, Treoes while passing through on the way home. It wasn't that busy for a Saturday night and we were shown a table immediately and given the menus and specials. We ordered drinks , mine was perfect as it was a pint of real ale but my wife asked for no lemon and slim line tonic but received normal tonic and lemon! Main courses are £15, which isn't extortionate but you expect a reasonable meal. My wife ordered the lamb and morrocan cous cous and that's exactly what she received. I had some vegetables with my Guinea fowl which we shared as her meal looked half finished but I had to ask for my vegetables after a few minutes as they were not served and my food was going cold! We were very disappointed with our experience at The Star especially as the prices are the higher end for a pub. Advice to the manager, more staff training and review your menu.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Leighton P
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable - at a price!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Four of us dined, two courses, some drinks but no wine for £137 - pricey for a pub/ restaurant. Food was good & there were real ales, but value for money, I don't think so.

• Visited August 2012