“Jan 2013”

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jan 2013”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went with friends and a couple of 3.5yr old boys who absolutely loved it. It's not been open long and is no Folly Farm but they've made a promising start I think.

The guy running it needs to work on his people skills, he's pretty quiet and not particularly welcoming but that's prob because he's a farmer! ;)

The outdoor play area looks great - it was raining when we went so off limits but it has some nice activities out there and a picnic area etc. Indoors is not geared up for smaller kids as there isn't much soft play and most surfaces are wood so a bit hard. There aren't any soft landing areas/ mats either.

It's basically a large modern farm barn with large wooden activities - bridges and forts and climbing areas, a big multi lane slide, tunnels and a little race circuit for manual cars you operate with your legs. Adults - kneel on the cars and you generate some good speed up and still be able to walk afterwards ;)

The food was ok, a bit pricey for what it is but standard fare for this kind of attraction - with the usual nuggets, jacket spuds etc but good sized portions!

The sign posting needs mproving as you go down a lot of windy roads to get there and basically follow the brown tourist type signs with sheep on them - there aren't many saying Wiggleys Farm on them!

I can't comment on the animals as it was raining so we just stayed inside but hopefully the farm will continue to improve it as more people and money flow in.

It's a good little resource for SE Wales imo but please crank up the heating in winter as it's a big barn and a bit cold inside unless you run around!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank martin_aaron

Bridgend, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“surely they could be done under the trade discriptions act”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

wiggleys fun farm were to start?
went as a school trip three bus loads of excited 3 to 5 year olds all looking forward to seeing the usual farm animals pigs,cows,chickens etc.....

the farm itself consisted of 4 sheep 2 goats a couple of rabbits 3 very scruffy ungroomed shetland ponies who's drinking water was frozen overwhich made me think were is the care love and attention for the animals and a few ducks on a frozen pond. yes it is december so understandable about the frozen pond but sureley the ponies should of had fresh water this morning?

would of been a much better trip to margam park where the animals are lovingly looked after and there is more of a variety of farm animals.

the outdoor play area is ok a few slides and swings as would be expected.
the indoor area was a bit of a let down as no ball pit which my three year old son was looking forward to playing in as been told my many people it is better than jungle jims which i can not understand as not much soft play area more the case of wooden climbing apperatus and a few slides and a racing track of car/bikes which looked fun but the kids got bored of very fast.
arrived at 10am and left around 2pm but by 12pm my son was aking if we could go home or back to school.

our first school trip and was very dissapointing for both my son and myself.

also if you go to the santas grotto be prepared for your child to ask why santas beared keeps falling off his face could do with tightening the elastic my 3yr old informed me he is not the real santa he must be an helper i asked why and he said his beared fell down.

all in all extremely dissapointing and worrying about the animals welfare wont be rushing back any time soon.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank helen e
Bridgend, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good place to go if bad weather !”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited wiggleys during half term and was very pleased! The prices were what I would expect to pay for a play area,there was plenty of space for the children to play both outside and inside .The play areas were good quality and had loads of space.I have paid to take the children to Jungle Jims in porthcawl and this is smelly,dated and needs a good clean so i was very impressed on the cleanliness of the whole place! I noticed that other people have commented that they felt they couldnt relax as the play areas werent enclosed but that is what I liked about it ! Its not meant to be a prison while I have a coffee !! I can watch them while they have fun :)

The cafe prices are what I would expect to pay in a venue like this. I disagree with other comments regarding the staff...We were served by a young tall boy..'Dan' I think ?? and he couldnt have been more friendly or helpful !! The service was quick and even though there was a slight problem with our order he couldnt have been more apologetic and sorted it out asap !! Excellent service :)

Though I do agree hot food should be on the menu ..especially with winter around the corner !

There wasnt that many animals but I understand that its a fairly new place and there is more animals to come. Though my children were more interested in the playareas !

There is also a 'woodland walk' I couldnt convince the children to leave the play areas to do this so I cant comment on what that was like ..this will be on another visit !

Overall play areas were excellent , there needs to be more animals but a great place to go (especially iof its raining !) for the children to have a run around :)

Visited November 2012
6 Thank taffyshopper
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“poor service and poor value for money”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

we visited today with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and a 8 year old. first of the price for a 3 year old (5.99) was way to high considering everything was too big for him. we paid 2.99 for the 1 year old who could only play with a very small soft play area which was covered in mud thanks to the shoes must stay on policy.
The service was awfull. the staff were really unfriendly and spent most of their time avoiding looking at the customers. we ordered babychinos and coffees and the staf member brought them to the table and placed the coffees directly in front and within reach of our one year old! upon checking the babychinos we descovered they were actually almost as hot as our coffees! there also appeared to be only four menus between the whole cafe!! all in all we found our visit to be very disapointing and wont be returning or advising others to go! margam park is only down the road and that has plenty of woodland walks and a petting zoo! and as for indoor play areas, Once upon a playtime and Millies mad house provides much better service and more of a range of activities for all ages!

5 Thank saml179
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy kids make happy parents”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

A real fun day for kids who are active and just love to climb... Son loved the didi car track ,but there was many colisions ...grt fun but accident waiting to happen. . Dissapointed with the animals was expecting there to be more and what was there looked a little depressed ...so if you are going to see animals then you will be dissapointed . . As the farm pretty new tho im sure there will be more added in the future... Will definatly go back tho as our son logan enjoyed play areas ... and rain or shine there is fun to be had...if you a kid or even a big kid like Tim lol

3 Thank twinkle388