“surely they could be done under the trade discriptions act”
Review of Wiggleys Fun Farm

Wiggleys Fun Farm
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Bridgend
Bridgend, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“surely they could be done under the trade discriptions act”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

wiggleys fun farm were to start?
went as a school trip three bus loads of excited 3 to 5 year olds all looking forward to seeing the usual farm animals pigs,cows,chickens etc.....

the farm itself consisted of 4 sheep 2 goats a couple of rabbits 3 very scruffy ungroomed shetland ponies who's drinking water was frozen overwhich made me think were is the care love and attention for the animals and a few ducks on a frozen pond. yes it is december so understandable about the frozen pond but sureley the ponies should of had fresh water this morning?

would of been a much better trip to margam park where the animals are lovingly looked after and there is more of a variety of farm animals.

the outdoor play area is ok a few slides and swings as would be expected.
the indoor area was a bit of a let down as no ball pit which my three year old son was looking forward to playing in as been told my many people it is better than jungle jims which i can not understand as not much soft play area more the case of wooden climbing apperatus and a few slides and a racing track of car/bikes which looked fun but the kids got bored of very fast.
arrived at 10am and left around 2pm but by 12pm my son was aking if we could go home or back to school.

our first school trip and was very dissapointing for both my son and myself.

also if you go to the santas grotto be prepared for your child to ask why santas beared keeps falling off his face could do with tightening the elastic my 3yr old informed me he is not the real santa he must be an helper i asked why and he said his beared fell down.

all in all extremely dissapointing and worrying about the animals welfare wont be rushing back any time soon.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank helen e

Bridgend, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good place to go if bad weather !”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited wiggleys during half term and was very pleased! The prices were what I would expect to pay for a play area,there was plenty of space for the children to play both outside and inside .The play areas were good quality and had loads of space.I have paid to take the children to Jungle Jims in porthcawl and this is smelly,dated and needs a good clean so i was very impressed on the cleanliness of the whole place! I noticed that other people have commented that they felt they couldnt relax as the play areas werent enclosed but that is what I liked about it ! Its not meant to be a prison while I have a coffee !! I can watch them while they have fun :)

The cafe prices are what I would expect to pay in a venue like this. I disagree with other comments regarding the staff...We were served by a young tall boy..'Dan' I think ?? and he couldnt have been more friendly or helpful !! The service was quick and even though there was a slight problem with our order he couldnt have been more apologetic and sorted it out asap !! Excellent service :)

Though I do agree hot food should be on the menu ..especially with winter around the corner !

There wasnt that many animals but I understand that its a fairly new place and there is more animals to come. Though my children were more interested in the playareas !

There is also a 'woodland walk' I couldnt convince the children to leave the play areas to do this so I cant comment on what that was like ..this will be on another visit !

Overall play areas were excellent , there needs to be more animals but a great place to go (especially iof its raining !) for the children to have a run around :)

Visited November 2012
6 Thank taffyshopper
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“poor service and poor value for money”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

we visited today with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and a 8 year old. first of the price for a 3 year old (5.99) was way to high considering everything was too big for him. we paid 2.99 for the 1 year old who could only play with a very small soft play area which was covered in mud thanks to the shoes must stay on policy.
The service was awfull. the staff were really unfriendly and spent most of their time avoiding looking at the customers. we ordered babychinos and coffees and the staf member brought them to the table and placed the coffees directly in front and within reach of our one year old! upon checking the babychinos we descovered they were actually almost as hot as our coffees! there also appeared to be only four menus between the whole cafe!! all in all we found our visit to be very disapointing and wont be returning or advising others to go! margam park is only down the road and that has plenty of woodland walks and a petting zoo! and as for indoor play areas, Once upon a playtime and Millies mad house provides much better service and more of a range of activities for all ages!

5 Thank saml179
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy kids make happy parents”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

A real fun day for kids who are active and just love to climb... Son loved the didi car track ,but there was many colisions ...grt fun but accident waiting to happen. . Dissapointed with the animals was expecting there to be more and what was there looked a little depressed ...so if you are going to see animals then you will be dissapointed . . As the farm pretty new tho im sure there will be more added in the future... Will definatly go back tho as our son logan enjoyed play areas ... and rain or shine there is fun to be had...if you a kid or even a big kid like Tim lol

3 Thank twinkle388
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good play area but farm needs improving”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went here on a Tuesday during half term so I was expecting it to be busy but it wasn't too bad until the party taking place let the children out at lunchtime and then it was a bit hectic. We went in a small group of 4x 2.5 year olds. The smaller area was not too bad for them but they were a bit bored after 10 minutes but they loved the bigger indoor play gym especially the slide.

My main concern on the place was that it is all open plan. The play frames are not enclosed so it was very easy for the kids to escape if you were not watching them eagle eyed. In addition the door to the animals outside was kept open so they could easily run slip outside. It would be so much safer and enable parents to relax if they just enclosed the frames with a gate, or had buzzer doors to get outside.

There were animals there but this is a new place so not very many and we weren't able to pet any. The outside playground was really good although a couple more swings would be great.

It cost £2.95 for children under 90cm and £5.95 for those over. They seem to be really rigid about this. In our group my daughter was under 90cm but her friend of the same age using the same equipment who is 93cm had to pay the higher price.
We ate lunch there which was nice, but they only do sandwiches or jacket potatoes with cold fillings (no baked beans!) so not a wide selection yet. But it was really busy at lunchtime and we were served promptly.

Overall, the kids had a great time and us Mums enjoyed it too although I would have relaxed more if it was more enclosed!

Visited October 2012