“Very Young Families Only!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4

Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bridgend
Bicester
“Very Young Families Only!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The staff are friendly and the location for us, was perfect (and very handy for shoppers going to the Outlet Retail Shopping Centre). However the hotel room whilst clean and the double bed fine would be more suited for those with much younger children than mine, (and three children at most as long as at least one needs a cot). I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old mixed gender who were expected to share a very hard, very small sofa bed! When I questioned the receptionist about this she seemed surprised as all the family rooms were the same and had nothing to offer to make it acceptable. She was very surprised I had an issue and after much thought (on my part) I suggested that she find some spare double duvets so we could make a "nest" for one of the children to sleep in. Apparently there were no other rooms or spare mattresses available although the car park was very empty so it was my turn to be surprised, not only that they were full but also that they hadn't thought through how to accommodate someone who was unhappy. I am very glad I didn't pay full price thanks to Late Rooms as I would have lost it completely (due to tiredness from a long journey). There was no shower gel, and only 1 loo roll but lots of tea and coffee available in the room and from reception all at no charge. Such a shame really as I think due to location alone I would have stayed there again but definitely couldn't unless they sorted the family rooms out to suit all families and not just ones with younger kids.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor at the front and had no issue with noise at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I had 2 appointments with customers in south wales by Bridgend and Cardiff so I needed to stay over at a hotel. The best priced hotel was the Days Inn at Bridgend. The cost for the night was very competitive and there were free wifi and continental breakfast. The sat nav took me all over town so I had to ask a garage which eventually got me to hotel. The hotel is actually at the services at junction 36 on the M4. Good night sleep with a fab walk in shower room. Breakfast was a little late but quite good for a continental :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and so quiet we overslept. Would stay again and would recommend to others. Fab shower and comfy bed. No frills but a good honest nights accommodation.
Convenient location and very friendly, helpful stafff.

1 Thank LadyfromChurwell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed as we were going to see a show near by. We were not expecting much with the price, but definitely wasn't expecting what we received. The staff seemed pleasent enough but that's the only good thing I can take from my stay. So we were giving the key to the room upstairs walking through the corridor then bang! The stench of smoke hit. I cant describe the strength of it but it was strong. We got in our room and stench got even worse. It was making me cough. The room itself didnt look very clean with stains on the 'sofa' and the walls 'smoked up'. As it happens we were able to change rooms (thankfully). Our new room was upstairs also and on the door leading through to our room there was a wet paint sign which showed they were trying to improve? Our new room although looked cleaner (without the years of smoking abuse) wasnt much better with stains on the carpets and curtains. And the bathroom looking abit worn and used.

4 Thank Richard P

Travelers are raving about these Bridgend hotels

Neath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed twice in the last month, we always enjoy.

The hotel is being refurbished, the bathrooms have been done, superb showers and modern, look forward to the rooms being refurbished too.

The beds are good and the rooms are clean and spacious.

We will be returning soon.

motherwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I work for days inn. In Hamilton. Near Glasgow. Came down here for a overnight stay. Got ma rm at a brill discount. Amazing shower. Bed so comfy. And place us quiet. Staff very friendly. But u have to be in this kind off job. It's a heavy job as well. So I feel their pain. Cleanin out rms. Every rm canny be spotless esp whn u only ave a few ppl on. Doin 35 to 40 rms. So hats off to u girls. For doin a grt job. And keeping the rms ok. Enjoyin. Maself in this big bed.

• Stayed March 2014
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel
The Great House Hotel
The Great House Hotel
#6 of 9 in Bridgend

Been to Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4? Share your experiences!