“Blinking Fab Each And Every Time :-)”
Review of The Masons Arms

The Masons Arms
Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Blinking Fab Each And Every Time :-)”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just come back from having a sunday lunch, which is always to die for. Turkey was thick slices of the most juiciest meat and the beef was so soft that it makes me wonder how they cook it. I love the fact that the veg is actually cooked (no al dente here hooray!) and the service is superb. Shame its a bit out of the way for us otherwise Id be eating there every night of the week. Keep up the good work and dont change :-)

• Visited February 2013

Bridgend
“Great Food And Good Value!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Been here many times over the years, and thought it about time to leave a review! Nigel is a very good host and is always very accommodating, on our recent visit I had a full rack of ribs and my wife had the steak burger, both came with onion rings, coated mushrooms, salad and dips also a choice of potatoes, more than enough! we also had a drink each and all for around £22!!! Great food, value and service, keep it up!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank honestjohnnie
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“GREAT PLACE AND EXCELLENT FOOD”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went there the other saturday night , We did book which was good as the place was full. Place was nicely decor . Food , when i first looked at the menu i through oh god this will be dear. But then i looked again . And it had pleanty of choice at not bad price ?.I was worried about the price due to the fact i asked 9 people to come with me. Its was a surprize birthday party . They offered us the choice of two rooms , We went in the back room , which had a large square table which was great. Food was Great . Staff could not do enough for you. We all had main meals 4 had coffee. bill was just over £114.00. . I was not the only one who could not eat it all. .
We all called in the other day for lunch in Dec in was great then as well.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank audlynn
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“really nice”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I tried this place for the first time simply because they serve roast dinners quite late which on a Sunday is perfect for us. The food was really nice liked the decor and the service was good. would definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went there last night for my birthday after always having delicious meals there. We were seated straight away and given menus. We decided and informed them when I booked that we didnt want the Christmas menu but we were given the menu and it was extremely limited as they had complied a smaller version due to the Christmas menu. I chose a fillet steak and asked for it medium - to well done, our meals arrives and I cut into the steak and the blood poured into my sauce and put me off asap! I explained that it wasnt how I'd requested and the waiter agreed that it was far from it. It was sent back to the kitchen and by the time it was returned, my husband had finished his meal :-( The waiter returned to check if my steak was ok I explained that the outside was ok but the inside was still very red. He offered to send it back to the kitchen again but I refused as this would have been a 3rd attempt to get a steak cooked correctly, I thought chef's were supposed to know how to do things like that! The outer part of the steak had almost been nuked as it was, God help if it had gone back again!! Really put me off the place, definitely wont hurry back, they just seemed far more concerned with the Christmas parties that were taking place.

• Visited December 2012