“Just right for the occasion”

Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bridgend
Northampton
“Just right for the occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at Bridgend Central Premier Inn for two nights whilst we visited family in the area; our annual pre Christmas trip to Wales.

We received a very friendly welcome from the receptionist who quickly sorted out our room. There was a brief misunderstanding over whether breakfast was included in our booking, which she soon agreed it was.

The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. There was no bath but we were perfectly happy with the very good shower.

The breakfast was very good indeed. A wide range of choice and as much as you can eat. I enjoyed the cooked breakfast both mornings, together with the fruit juice, cereal and fresh fruit to finish.

The location of the hotel was just right for us. Close to the M4, but far enough away to ensure there was no traffic noise and not too far from those we had come to visit. A pity some of the guests couldn't have been quieter in the early hours though.

All in all a good experience for us and we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Another great Premier Inn - clean, comfortable, well located. All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was freshly cooked and a good selection. 30 mins free wifi is really good as well.
The only slight drawback is that you can hear a bit of noise from other rooms, but this was minimal.
Would recommend and will definitely stay here again in future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Staff were really helpful, room was very clean and comfortable. Harvester next door all in all very impressed. Very reasonably priced and would definitely use again. Situated next to McArthur Glen outlet shopping park with plenty of designer bargains...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Badminton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

First time in a Premier Inn and won't be the last as they are so much better than other chain hotels I've stayed in. Very clean, comfortable and quiet (even though it's on a busy shopping park) and the staff were friendly and helpful. Great breakfast choices and my partner's full English breakfat was enormous and well cooked. We would definitely stay in a Premier again if they were available where we wanted to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Arrived early evening, reception staff welcoming, helpful and efficient. Room clean, comfortable and quiet. the breakfast was wonderful and the staff couldn't do enough to ensure we had everything we needed/wanted. Would certainly recommend and will be staying here again for sure!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Convenient location, easy to find. The hotel was clean and room/bed very comfortable. Pleasant staff, despite my late check-in time. Good value for money. I try to stay at Premier inn when travelling for work or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This visit started off badly and if I had written my review on the first night, the rating would have been much lower. The reason was that we received a courtesy call the day before our visit, asking if there was anything he could help us with. Well yes there was - we were staying 2 nights and had made 2 separate bookings (as at the time of booking we weren't sure if we were staying the first night). Could he make sure that we had the same room both nights to make it easier for all concerned? We received a flat No, not even "I will do my best and get back to you". I asked if he could keep an eye open to see if anyone didn't check in so we COULD have the same room...I was left feeling very frustrated -what is the point of a "courtesy call" if there is a distinct lack of courtesy or customer engagement shown??

We arrived after midnight on the first night, and found that no, we couldn't have the same room both night. It seemed that he hadn't even tried. To make matters worse because I was paying by vouchers I was asked for photo ID. I didn't have my licence as it is at DVLA, but I DID have my works photo ID and a wallet full of credit cards. This wasn't acceptable so I had to stand around like a lemon in a lobby full of noisy drunks till my other half came in from parking the car. Not a good start. I know it is company policy, but Why? And the ID I had provided should have been acceptable anyway.

I couldn't wait to crash down on a lovely Premier Inn bed. I crashed all right - it's an old Travel Inn so the beds are the less comfortable ones, and not the lovely new Premier Inn beds. However, by the second night I had got used to it, although I still prefer the softer ones.

Matters improved in the morning because we got a note through the door to say that we didn't need to change rooms after all, so thanks to the lady who DID make an effort to look for us. After that the visit went well and we could not fault the service we received.

We did not eat breakfast on the first day (went to Sainsbury's which had a 25 minute wait for a very pleasant bacon sandwich) but really enjoyed the Premier breakfast on the second morning. Excellent service, quality and value.

One thing that was very annoying was that we needed to eat and had plans to eat at the Harvester next door. When we went through the door there were quite a few empty tables that needed clearing and we were told that there was a 45 minute wait. Very frustrating if you are a hotel guest, don't know where else to eat and are on a tight schedule. We ended up getting sandwiches from Sainsbury's. A LOT of people voted with their feet too and they lost a lot of business that night. Could hotel guests be given priority? The Harvester management should have known it was a busy weekend (Porthcawl Elvis week) and planned accordingly. There were also problems parking because The Harvester was so busy.

We are regular Premier Inn visitors, and I can't say that it is my favourite Inn (due to the beds and catering problems) but it was closest to where we wanted to be that weekend. I prefer the one at Junction 35, with a softer bed and a shorler food queue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Wyndham Arms
#4 of 9 in Bridgend
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
#2 of 9 in Bridgend

Been to Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel? Share your experiences!