Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$134
$49
Priceline
$141
Priceline
The Wyndham Arms(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$45
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bridgend Pencoed(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
$103
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsharvester restaurantdesigner outletcar parkpetrol stationretail parkadjacent harvestersainsbury's supermarketodeon cinemamcarthur glenshopping centrethe breakfast arearoom was spotlessly cleanvisiting familyexcellent staytop floorlovely breakfastcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This visit started off badly and if I had written my review on the first night, the rating would have been much lower. The reason was that we received a courtesy call the day before our visit, asking if there was anything he could help us with. Well yes there was - we were staying 2 nights and had made 2 separate bookings (as at the time of booking we weren't sure if we were staying the first night). Could he make sure that we had the same room both nights to make it easier for all concerned? We received a flat No, not even "I will do my best and get back to you". I asked if he could keep an eye open to see if anyone didn't check in so we COULD have the same room...I was left feeling very frustrated -what is the point of a "courtesy call" if there is a distinct lack of courtesy or customer engagement shown??

We arrived after midnight on the first night, and found that no, we couldn't have the same room both night. It seemed that he hadn't even tried. To make matters worse because I was paying by vouchers I was asked for photo ID. I didn't have my licence as it is at DVLA, but I DID have my works photo ID and a wallet full of credit cards. This wasn't acceptable so I had to stand around like a lemon in a lobby full of noisy drunks till my other half came in from parking the car. Not a good start. I know it is company policy, but Why? And the ID I had provided should have been acceptable anyway.

I couldn't wait to crash down on a lovely Premier Inn bed. I crashed all right - it's an old Travel Inn so the beds are the less comfortable ones, and not the lovely new Premier Inn beds. However, by the second night I had got used to it, although I still prefer the softer ones.

Matters improved in the morning because we got a note through the door to say that we didn't need to change rooms after all, so thanks to the lady who DID make an effort to look for us. After that the visit went well and we could not fault the service we received.

We did not eat breakfast on the first day (went to Sainsbury's which had a 25 minute wait for a very pleasant bacon sandwich) but really enjoyed the Premier breakfast on the second morning. Excellent service, quality and value.

One thing that was very annoying was that we needed to eat and had plans to eat at the Harvester next door. When we went through the door there were quite a few empty tables that needed clearing and we were told that there was a 45 minute wait. Very frustrating if you are a hotel guest, don't know where else to eat and are on a tight schedule. We ended up getting sandwiches from Sainsbury's. A LOT of people voted with their feet too and they lost a lot of business that night. Could hotel guests be given priority? The Harvester management should have known it was a busy weekend (Porthcawl Elvis week) and planned accordingly. There were also problems parking because The Harvester was so busy.

We are regular Premier Inn visitors, and I can't say that it is my favourite Inn (due to the beds and catering problems) but it was closest to where we wanted to be that weekend. I prefer the one at Junction 35, with a softer bed and a shorler food queue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Bridgend Central Premier Inn is by far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, considering I have stayed at a 5 star Hotel and several Hilton, Marriott and De Vere hotels. The breakfast served was excellent, all the staff (reception, kitchen and waitresses) were most efficient, courteous and helpfull I have ever come across. For a price of £34 plus extra for breakfast, this was a value for money experience.

Room Tip: I would consider Bridgend Central Premier Inn if you are on the way to Cardiff Airport OR for touring south east Wales
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked 4 rooms for 8 people - requested 4 twin rooms - when we arrived great receptionist - very efficient - we were always going to be a later arrival 21.00 and early departure 04.00.

But then the fun begins - in Premier Inn speak a twin room is a bed and a couch - not good for us tall and big adults!!!

Pretty unhappy.

Also - no cooling in the room and windows opened out on to kitchen of Harvester - very very loud.

Room Tip: Check the twin room issue
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding , which was in bridgend centre. Right next door to a harverster, Sainsburys and a cracking designer outlet centre.

Staff were always friendly, no matter what time of day or night it was. And were helpful and informative.

Negative sides were the tv comes on at a high set volume, and thinish walls worried sound would travel through.

Would certianly use again for future travels to a wonderful place of the world.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my daughter for a summer holiday treat. On first impressions the hotel is spotless and airy. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who for once seemed to have some personality which was welcome after an arduous walk from the bus stop in torrential rain! Our room was easy to find and was again spotlessly clean. The bedding smelled fresh and clean and the bathroom was again very clean with no mould or damp spots anywhere. We were in an ideal location for the designer outlet village, the sainsburys supermarket, Harvester and KFC which were all within walking distance. We had an excellent nights sleep with plenty of pillows provided and duvets (not blankets or sheets!) there was no residual noise from the car park just outside our door. There was also plenty of tea/coffee making things and staff were happy to provide more when asked. The shower by the way was excellent, very powerful and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was delightful with plenty of choice for even my fussy 9 year old. We opted for the Premier breakfast which meant that we could both eat as much as we liked for only £8.25 as children under 16 eat free. All hot food was cooked fresh as we wanted it and it made all the difference. I would highly recommend this place for families and friends on a shopping trip to Bridgend. i know I'll be back for a stay to do my Christmas shopping!!

Room Tip: Book in advance for the best rates, all the rooms I feel are of the same high standard!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family