“Nice stay after a lovely wedding”

BEST WESTERN Heronston Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bridgend
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
“Nice stay after a lovely wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel after a wedding, it was a great day and staff were amazing! Mark and his team made sure the day was perfect for the bride and groom. The food was lovely and the day ran smoothly. All the staff were helpful and friendly :-) our room was a very spacious family room, the only downfall was that it was very dated and the furniture and carpet had seen better days, and the shower was a bit rubbish, but the bathroom was huge! I'm aware that some of the rooms have been updated and was hoping I would have one of them, but it wasn't to be. Although, the bed was very comfy and breakfast was amazing the next morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Heronston01, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you had a wonderful time at the wedding you attended at the hotel and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for four nights when attending the Golf Amateur Home International Matches at Southerndown Golf Club, for which the hotel was very conveniently located. We enjoyed our stay very much and would book again if ever in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Heronston01, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I have just spent two nights here on business. It ticks all the basic boxes for me. A lot out the aren't as good as this.

Room was clean and quiet.

Bed was comfortable although I'd like a top sheet because it was to warm to sleep under Dover.

Sink had well positioned mirror for shaving and toilet had proper seat (most have the cheapest seat known to man).

The bad points.

Shower was useless. Almost a dribble and tepid.

I ate there one night. First I was brought two portions of my starter, then while eating the one. I was brought another. Thankfully only charged for one.

Main was ok. Over all that good was ok but nothing special. Menu had nothing inspiring, but as a rule I normally don't eat at my hotels.

Breakfast in the mornings had all the usual offerings but finding a table can be hard because all except for two are reserved for larger groups.

I will probably stay here again but I'll check the shower works. But I'll only be staying here again so I can collect me best western points.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you would return to the hotel for future stays. The feedback you have given will help us to improve standards and highlights any training needs.
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had the spa deal which was good value for money. Massage was very good. Pool looked lovely plus sauna and steam room. and it was just the two of us which was nice. Lovely loungers to relax by the pool. I must say- very good facilities! Almost Celtic manor standard:) We had lovely meal as well, starters very good..main was bit bland but hey its not claiming to be Michelin star. Who ever run's this hotel seems to be doing a fab job! Breakfast was very good quality, buffet style. Plates was cleaned straight away, again very good waiter service as was the dinner. The only thing- the rooms could do a revamp. As they do seem bit old fashioned. ( very weak shower ) All tho all essentials was provided. So overall we would go back:)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and would return in future. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel offers easy access to Cardiff Swansea Bridgend and the surrounding coastline.My wife and myself arrived at the hotel and parking the car was free with no issues.We were greeted in reception by very friendly female members of staff who were professional and helpful.Our room was spacious clean and tidy with a nice view.We had a drink at the bar before using the hotels female masseur who was pleasant and professional,before moving on to a sauna and a swim in their well presented pool.At dinner in the evening the food in the restaurant was excellent myself enjoying the salmon.This was a relaxing and fun night out for the two of us and their rates were very reasonable.Steve Cardiff.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was quite.
1 Thank roman1962
Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to read you had a very enjoyable spa break, we look forward to you returning in the future for another relaxing night away from home.
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have used this hotel numerous times for christenings,lunches,etc,But what's happening here,on two occasions now we have been disappointed,We booked Sunday Lunch here for 5 people on the3rd August following a recent bereavement to celebrate the life of a dear friend,I was totally embarrassed after suggesting this was the place to relax with good food,On arrival there was no table reserved on arrival,we waited 15 mins to order drinks and to receive the menue which we had to ask for,we were going to order beef dinners,on trying to order we were asked did they not tell us the beef was not available they did not,so we decided on a chicken dinner as we did not like risotto,we were told it was not a problem,we waited 20mins for chicken rissotos to arrive,which we promptly sent back,a further 10 mins,we received a chicken breast with roast potato it was tough as old boots apparently it had been poached and then microwaved disgusting,the vegetables were so sparse it was only enough for two,and I thought the cabbage was laver bread it was black and cooked to death,I felt a laughing stock in front of my guests after assuring them it would be a nice day after our bereavement during the week,we were offered a round of drinks,which helped but would have rather had a stress free meal,the cherry on the top was one guest had a strawberry stalk amongst his vegetables ,it was like a bad dream,they then offered a discount on the bill,which they also got wrong and tried to charge us full price,it was altered and they still got it wrong,I have never been out through an ordeal like this just going out to enjoy Sunday lunch,I felt so sorry for the young gentleman who was front of house who had to apologise número use times he was so embarrassed and couldn't apologise to us enough well done to him for making good out of appoling circumstances even he agreed,my husband has now refused to use this venue again which is so sad as it is usually a pleas ant experience to eat out ,
Sort this out heronstone as this is the second time you have let us down. No third chance and other people will follow if you don't pull your stops out. Dissapointed

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eleanor E
Thank you for your review, I am disppointed to read you did not have an enjoyable Sunday Lunch. The feedback you have given will be used to improve the standards and to ensure this does not happen in future. I hope you will use us again so we can show you the true standards of the hotel.
Newbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed in July 2014. Yes the room was a little dated and the front is a little 1970's spaceship but overall this is a great hotel. Had a treatment and used the pool / gym and they were excellent. Evening meal was very good and value for money. Drinks were a bit bit pricey, but it's a hotel bar so it was expected. 5 minute drive to the beach. I have booked to go again on a deal that was offered at checkout. Staff were helpful even though it was very busy. Recommended for couples who want to relax or family's that just want a base to sleep at.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and have already booked you next visit, we look forward to welcoming you back.