Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
$82
$111
$108
Travelocity
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$55
$44
Priceline
The Wyndham Arms(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bridgend Pencoed(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiessuperior roomleisure clubsauna and steam roomevening mealself servicebar foodbridal suiteafternoon tealovely staffcouldn't faultlovely roomplenty of parkingfrom start to finishsunday lunchan overnight staysandwiches
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We booked our wedding and reception here and from start to finish it was amazing, the staff were fantastic (especially Mark and Sarah) the food was top notch all our guests loved it, the rooms are brilliant very comfortable. Our guests really enjoyed the use of the pool and spa facilities. Would recommend to anybody that's looking to book somewhere for their special day.

Mr & Mrs D Enticott

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you had such a lovely wedding day. May I take this opporutnity to congratulate you both and look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had nearly forgotten the Heronston - used to come for works Xmas functions when we worked in Bridgend. we needed a stopping off point when passing through and secured a good quality family room for £80 B&B which was great value. Room 10 was comfortable, well furnished and quiet which suited us perfectly. Also made use of the pool which children loved - no deep end which is a bonus for family use.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the new bar manager.
Not so good - several of our dinner menu choices were not available and we had to re-order which could be limiting if staying more than one night. Some investment needed to public corridors where decor rather tired. Limited TV choices in rooms but Sky is available in bar area.
Breakfast was good - plenty of choice and excellent veggie option and great to see laverbread on menu.

Room Tip: Room 10 good for families. They have some rooms that take dogs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank B0rderers

Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear you and your family had a good stay and your children enjoyed the pool especially. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We managed to book a great deal with Living Socials which included a 3 course evening meal, breakfast, use of spa and gym facilities and a back and neck massage. It was excellent value. The rooms on the ground floor were a little tired and the fact there were 2 wedding celebrations going on meant we ate in a separate dining room (nicer as more intimate) but the corridors were noisy overnight. The rooms upstairs had creaky floor boards which woke us several times but the bedroom was large and had all we needed. Our room (14) had a broken fan in the bathroom but was not an issue.
The staff were all helpful although the receptionist on our arrival informed us there was a shortage of towels! (we were then sent a gown each so no problems). Dan in the restaurant was really helpful and when I said it was my boyfriend's birthday Dan arranged to have a candle put in his pudding, the chef had written Happy Birthday around the plate in chocolate and the staff sang happy birthday all making it a special evening.
The massage was amazing and very professional. Deanne and Fran worked very well as a team and gave great back massages. (Well recommended).
The pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub were all great too and we so really enjoyed our stay. Thank you and providing there is another deal we will be back.

Room Tip: Not room 14. ask for refurbished room and one upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Me and my partner got a deal on this place for the night c/w a massage .
The place looks very tied on the out side but most of the rooms have just been updated.
We up graded are room which was very nice. Well layed out good size great shower and very clean.
The staff came as a mixed bag some very helpfull then others that could not care less..shame.
The spa area inside was fine with a nice pool outside again was tied.
The bar was over priced and not a place to spend a lot of time.
The food at best was just ok with little to choose from.
When I asked for the wine list I was informed at this time they did not have one as it was being reworked lol. So I had some odd bottle they still had??
If your looking for a stay over in the area and can get a deal on one of the site take a look but not worth a visit in its own right.

Room Tip: Up grade from the standard well worth the money. Also make sure you get a room that's been updated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am glad to see you would recommend the hotel. In terms of the restaurant we have come throught the transition stage, we have a new wine list and menus and are full operational. I hope you will return to the hotel in future for us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good:
Extremely Helpful Staff
Decent Buffet Breakfast
Lovely, Quaint and Quite location for a relaxing getaway & spa

Not so Good:
The section under renovation has a lot of problems

We stayed here for 3 nights in Mid April to celebrate our anniversary. Initially we were given an upgrade to the deluxe room. However, the upgrade was in the section undergoing renovation. My family and I had to travel through many corridors, stuffy with paint fumes and the room was pretty much the last one down the maze.

While the room was lovely and had a great garden view, I had to request for a change on the second day as I couldn't bear walking my child through the paint fumes and to top it off, the door lock wasn't functioning.

When informed, the reception kindly shifted us to a family room in the old wing. This room, while older in style was clean, spacious and thankfully had no fumes. The rest of the stay was quite nice and the staff were extremely helpful. They made our anniversary quite special and I would definitely opt for the hotel again, once they are fully renovated.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Anuj G
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am happy to confirm all the suprior bedrooms refurbishment have been completed so you sould not have this issue in future. I am happy you still had an enjoyable stay and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and your family.