“Pleasant stay”

Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Did B&B when attending a family party down the road. All fine - great breakfast, comfortable bed. Fine. Staff seemed fine. Would stay again if relative's house was full again but generally we stay there so possibly won't need to.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Heronston Hotel for a wedding party. Rooms were clean and spacious, although did feel a little dated. We went for the executive suite which was lovely, however standard Premier Inn room are nicer..The bathroom was lovely too..Toilet roll cheep.

The staff were friendly and welcoming.. Overall, lovely stay.. possibly over priced for the rooms..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We are curently undergoing a refurbishment programme and hope you will return to see the newly refurbished bedrooms and public areas

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Dined here recently for the 1st time with family. Reasonably priced Sunday lunch menu so decided to give it a go. Chose a nice sounding prawn starter which was supposed to have 'coconut shavings'...these were negligible though, so no detectable coconut flavour, but it was pleasant enough. It was served on a flat piece of slate so it certainly looked very nicely presented. Had a fish main course: It was nice enough but again, nothing overly special. When our drinks order arrived (not quickly) they'd forgotten 1 drink, the guy just looked confused when we asked about it. But he did sort it out within 10minutes. The young waiter who served us our desserts seemed a bit confused as to which dessert was which, but he was perfectly charming with it! I asked for an Ameretto rather than a coffee after desserts. I don't think the waiter had ever heard of it but he went to ask. Unfortunately I was then told that they didn't have any. The overall decor of the room iseems rather dated and could perhaps do with some modernising.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your meal and would hope on your next visit the hotels food and staff will be able to give you the 'wow' factor required

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party! The room was originaly 90 pound for one night!! But because i was part of a wedding party it cost 75!! I found the rooms very dated, with a dated tv stuck in one corner of the room!! The bed was comfortable enough, but i was disappointed when i went to take a shower, as the water pressure was very slow & i struggled to get a decent shower because the shower was to close to the wall, & it also the water presure made it difficult to flush the tiolet!! We did'nt get much sleep because the doors were constantly banging all night long because of people going to there rooms in the early hours!! Perhaps if they made it so there was some sort of spring on the doors, this would not be a problem!! Breakfast was ok!! Self service, with plenty to choose from, which id good for me, because i am fussy eater!! Over all i was just disappointed with thr room more than anything!! For what i paid, & it being from the best westerm group, i would have least expected a decent shower, & a more up go date tv!! would i stay there again!! Probley not!!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review. I understand that there was an issuse with the water presure during your stay, this was resolved when we were made aware of the situation. We are currently undegoing a planned refurbishement which includes bedrooms and public areas. We have completed the superior bedrooms and are currently working on the executive bedrooms. I hope that you would consider the hotel in future, especially following our refurbishment.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel on a business trip down to Cardiff with colleagues on
25.09.2012. Firstly let me say that this is a very nice hotel in a good location
To Bridgend, Cardiff & Airport. The staff at reception were very nice and
Check in & out was a good experience. We were all given the recently refurbished rooms in
This hotel and I was in room 61. The rooms was very good, comfy bed, very nice new décor,
Flat screen TV and the bathroom was of a very good standard. Down side of this room was it was next to the main entrance and exit to this floor and the fire doors on this corridor were Not quiet when used. We had booked a table in the Crane Restaurant for 7 people.
The restaurant was not very busy and they had placed our large table under an air conditioning unit that was causing a draft, I have to say they did try and cover the
Down flow of air with a napkin with blue tack.. But his did not last, we had to eventually
Ask for the party to be moved to another table, this they did. Once seated we asked for
The menu, the young waitress passed the menus to the ladies, but the gentlemen were left with nothing, when we asked for more menus, she turned and said we would have to share!! Not an apology not a explanation - nothing - just share..
The meal it’s self was not what I have experience before from a Best Western Hotel,
Locally at home my husband & I are regulars at the Best Western Hotel in Eaglesham
And I have to say that the meals in this hotel are Fantastic and are the best we have ever
Experienced… But the Heronston Hotel restaurant was not a good experience.
I had the Turkey on a bed of Cajun Rice with Veg. The Turkey was over cooked and very tuff to eat, in fact I only eat half and left everything else except my potatoes and veg.
I then had the Cheesecake, which was fruits of the Forrest. It looked and taste like it had been left out all day in the Forrest. My colleague had the Chocolate Fudge Brownie with caramel sauce.. The cake and sauce was obviously left too long in the microwave oven
To the point my colleague could tap her spoon off the supposedly soft caramel sauce as it was now brick hard toffee. We asked for it to be removed and a fresh one in it place as she liked having her teeth in place. This the waitress did, but not before shouting it across the kitchen to the Chef as she entered the kitchen door and for all in the restaurant to hear.. I would recommend this hotel for a one night stay but would recommend you eat in the lounge bar as the meals in there looked good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you liked your bedroom and our reception staff were helpful. I am sorry to hear you did not receive the same service in our restaurant and would like to apologise for this. I am surprised to hear that the food served in our restaurant was not up to our usual standards. I hope you will return to the hotel and be treated to our normal standards in our restaurant.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Got married here last year and originally we didn't think about looking here until we were driving past one day and my mum said how about the heronston? We went straight in and they were happy to show us round and from the moment we stepped in this hotel we were looked after. They helped us to fit the day around our budget, Every single member of staff we met were fantastic! the room was beautiful. my guests loved it and we had the honeymoon suite complimentary and it was beautiful, breakfast the next morning was served in our room, A few of our guests stayed at the hotel including my parents, all were given discounts, we had use of the spa the next morning. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place, the garden is lovely for photos, food was incredible, we recently had our complimentary first anniversary meal here and again it was lovely and the staff were very friendly. i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhiannon F

Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back for future family events.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our Alpha-1 support group recently held their annual meeting at the hotel, my husband and I spent Thurs-Sunday at the hotel and couldn't have found better. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with good opening widows, this is extremely imported to me as I have emphysema and need plenty of fresh air, I'm also on oxygen 24/7 which was delivered to the hotel prior to my arrival and taken to my room on the day (this is no small job). The function room we used for the meeting was very nice as were the meals for the duration of our stay. Lastly but by no means least the staff were EXECELLENT nothing was too much trouble for them and they certainly made my visit stress free, it is not easy to find a hotel so accomodating with the things I need. So a very big thank you to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back for your event next year

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
The Great House Hotel
The Wyndham Arms
#2 of 8 in Bridgend
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd

Been to Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!