Ballas Farm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$134
$69
Hotels.com
$141
Priceline
The Wyndham Arms(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$45
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel(Bridgend)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Bridgend Pencoed(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel(Pencoed)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
All reviewsb bfriendly hostsbreakfast was excellentfamily roomguest houseimmediately felt at homesay goodbyehospitality shownporridgeperfect hostsa lovely stayvisiting friendscomfortable bednight's sleepmodern roomspot of teaquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A group of us (4 ladies) stayed at Ballas Farm this last weekend whilst attending the Elvis festival at Porthcawl and fell in love with the building and grounds as soon as we saw it.

The room was perfect and set out to accomodate the 4 of us comfortably, 4 single beds in a very spacious room with the most amazing bathroom. I don't often have time to take a lovely long soak but I made sure I had time this weekend, highly recommended.

Breakfast was gorgeous with as much tea and toast as we liked, also before our departure Rob kindly made up a pot of tea with some welsh cakes to see us off.

The rooms are very very clean, beds are comfortable and the views are just beautiful, this hotel comes highly recommended and we can't wait to come back next year.

Thanks again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Lizballasfarm, Owner at Ballas Farm, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi ladies, so I have been so slow responding, I didnt realise I had any reviews!! Thank you all very much, we are glad you enjoyed yourselves. You will always be welcome at Ballas

Reviewed September 26, 2012

my wife and I stayed at Ballas Farm to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we could not have found a better place. Nothing is too much trouble for Bob & Liz. We chose room 1 which was on the ground floor with a patio. Wow. Tiled floor leading to fully tiled ensuit, it was great. Not until we tried the beds did we realise what comfort really was. Those beds are wonderful. Breakfast, room, hospitality all first class. Should be 5star, not 4star. Next time in Wales, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Sorry I have been so slow responding. Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return one day. Many thanks Liz

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for just the one night whilst in the area for a wedding. The hosts were friendly,the room was modern and very well fitted out ,in what turned out to be a quiet and peaceful location. Breakfast was excellent . We will certainly be using this establishment again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lizballasfarm, Owner at Ballas Farm, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you it was lovely to meet you both, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, many thanks, Liz

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had only booked for the one night but I so wish that I had booked for more. From the phone call that I made to book the room, the lovely warm welcome we had when we arrived and to the time we left we were very impressed with everything, especially Liz and her husband. The attention to detail was outstanding and the personal touches just made it feel even more special. The room was fantastic and the breakfast superb. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Sorry I have been a while replying, but I am only now become aware of any reviews!! Thank you very much for the lovely things you have said. it is a pleasure meeting people like you, Many thanks. Liz

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at Ballas Farm for a weekend away to celebrate my husbands birthday without the kids. It was perfect. Lovely farm setting, beautiful, large, fresh, clean room, great bathroom, fab breakfast. Liz even took the trouble to ask if we had any special requests for food and accommodated this.

Excellent location for travel to the local beaches, as well as to Bridgend and Cardiff. We took a nice stroll around Cowbridge and also a trip to the outlet centre for some retail therapy.

Liz and Robert have made a real effort to make this place luxurious yet homely and have got the balance perfectly right. We will be back, maybe with our boys next time, but then again, maybe just for the two of us again!

Room Tip: The family room was very spacious with views to the fields.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Sorry to be so long responding to your lovely review, I have only recently become aware of any reviews on this site, Thank you so much for taking the time to write, it means a lot to us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will meet again, many thanks, Liz