“Very slow service, but lovely food”
Review of Le Raj

Le Raj
Ranked #19 of 182 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Very slow service, but lovely food”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went for a takeaway, waited over an hour for our food to be made, yes the restaurant was busy and so was the drive through, but other people were getting their food before us. However saying that the food was lovely, think will ring and order next time instead of waiting for so long.

Visited October 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Not organised enough on a busy Saturday night”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I've booked this restaurant twice recently, and on both occasions waited in the entrance area for 15 minutes to be seated, whilst the staff avoid any eye contact. Both times I've given up and left. I won't be returning for a third try.
It's a real shame that they can't handle being busy, as the food quality would be 4-5 star. Only takeaways from here for me from now on.

Visited May 2014
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just home from a family meal at le raj and not impressed with the place at all. To start there are 2 disabled parking places which were taken, one by management!!!!! I had 2 disabled elderly family members with me who had to walk the length of the car park as management refused to move the vehicle. They wanted me to continue with my meal until the other vehicle (2 seater merc and obviously not a disabled owner)moved. I expressed my feelings about this but it made no difference. They were serving so many people in the restaurant that he service given was poor. We were short on cutlery and plates and waited so long I left the table and helped myself. The takeaway was situated in the dining area which was not pleasant for the diners. The food was edible and not good enough that I would ever return again!
Simla, Aberkenfig or Bokhara, court coleman next time as 100% better than Le Raj!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Caroline B
Wales
“not impressed with the food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

First up, the waiting staff was fantastic.
Service was very good. In fact, I gave the review an extra star because of it.

My moan was about the food. I love indian food & I love hot & spicy food. I wanted something with a bit of spice to it, rather than going for my usual which is a vindaloo. So I Ordered Captains Pathila. This was described as Hot.
Menu description : Captain's Pathila (hot): Tender strips of chicken or lamb prepared with very special herbs and spices including coriander, mint, garlic and yoghurt in a rich tangy sauce.

There was no heat to it what so ever. It was served with a single chili in the sauce. The curry lacked depth & flavour. I also had lemon rice. This was served as a basic pilau rice with a slice of lemon on top. I basically I got charged 50p for a slice of lemon!

I dont know if it was chef's day off or he just aint a good cook, but my meal is easily in the bottom 3 of indian restaurants that I have had. Instantly forgetable. Even 12 hours afterwards 'o)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank eggtastico
Maesteg, United Kingdom
“Top class Indian cuisine”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Second visit and just keeps getting better. Excellent range of dishes, specialities as well as the standard curries. We had Mem Sab's chicken, a delicious mild and creamy curry with aubergine bahji, rice and naan. Service is faultless and lady on the bar service is delightful. Plenty of on- site parking and there's even a drive through! We highly recommend thus restaurant.

• Visited April 2014