“Not organised enough on a busy Saturday night”
Review of Le Raj

Le Raj
Ranked #21 of 195 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I've booked this restaurant twice recently, and on both occasions waited in the entrance area for 15 minutes to be seated, whilst the staff avoid any eye contact. Both times I've given up and left. I won't be returning for a third try.
It's a real shame that they can't handle being busy, as the food quality would be 4-5 star. Only takeaways from here for me from now on.

There are newer reviews for Le Raj

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just home from a family meal at le raj and not impressed with the place at all. To start there are 2 disabled parking places which were taken, one by management!!!!! I had 2 disabled elderly family members with me who had to walk the length of the car park as management refused to move the vehicle. They wanted me to continue with my meal until the other vehicle (2 seater merc and obviously not a disabled owner)moved. I expressed my feelings about this but it made no difference. They were serving so many people in the restaurant that he service given was poor. We were short on cutlery and plates and waited so long I left the table and helped myself. The takeaway was situated in the dining area which was not pleasant for the diners. The food was edible and not good enough that I would ever return again!
Simla, Aberkenfig or Bokhara, court coleman next time as 100% better than Le Raj!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed April 16, 2014

First up, the waiting staff was fantastic.
Service was very good. In fact, I gave the review an extra star because of it.

My moan was about the food. I love indian food & I love hot & spicy food. I wanted something with a bit of spice to it, rather than going for my usual which is a vindaloo. So I Ordered Captains Pathila. This was described as Hot.
Menu description : Captain's Pathila (hot): Tender strips of chicken or lamb prepared with very special herbs and spices including coriander, mint, garlic and yoghurt in a rich tangy sauce.

There was no heat to it what so ever. It was served with a single chili in the sauce. The curry lacked depth & flavour. I also had lemon rice. This was served as a basic pilau rice with a slice of lemon on top. I basically I got charged 50p for a slice of lemon!

I dont know if it was chef's day off or he just aint a good cook, but my meal is easily in the bottom 3 of indian restaurants that I have had. Instantly forgetable. Even 12 hours afterwards 'o)

1  Thank eggtastico
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Second visit and just keeps getting better. Excellent range of dishes, specialities as well as the standard curries. We had Mem Sab's chicken, a delicious mild and creamy curry with aubergine bahji, rice and naan. Service is faultless and lady on the bar service is delightful. Plenty of on- site parking and there's even a drive through! We highly recommend thus restaurant.

2  Thank Realfoodi
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We havent been here for a while , but on arrival the staff are really friendly and very helpfull, we had a really nice meal, nothing to shout about, great selection and plenty to eat on your plate, great service , the only down side was the quality of the meat as this was a bit tough, but otherwise we all had a great meal, and yes we will go back,