“Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Raj

Le Raj
Ranked #18 of 182 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We eat here regular or have a take away, it can be a little expensive for 4 but I suppose all Indian restaurants are. We have tried most on the menu and find them superb, I think it's decorated nice and table for two against the wall nice and private . Drinks a little on high on price. Normally good service but on occasions can be very slow. Always book in advance and go earlier if you don't want to be in there all night. My favourite is the tandoori fry so tasty. But very nice food.

• Visited August 2013

Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Great foos - poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to Le Raj to celebrate our granddaughter's 11th birthday - her choice because she loves it there. We were shown to a great round table for seven - but after our starters we were asked to move to another table because apparently there had been a double booking for that table. We did make a fuss, because we did not wish to upset my granddaughter. The service was very slow, but the food, when it eventually arrived, was excellent. We had to wait 35 minutes for the bill, after requesting it six times, but did receive a complimentary bottle of house wine. Friends of ours also received poor service, with the explanation that because it was Ramadan, the staff were tired and listless. I feel that pulling the Islam excuse is a cop out, because mature Moslems are expected to function normally during their working hours, and if they cannot, they can defer their observation of Ramadan. I hope this is a one-off aberration, because the food was excellent. Perhaps the management need to get their priorities sorted, and rotate their staff to ensure service during religious observance remains high.

• Visited August 2013
Liverpool
“Excellent food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Bit of a surprise in that they have a drive through! Service was excellent as was the cost of the meal. Food is delicious. Ask to sit at the front of the restaurant as the rear is dark.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jadgoldie
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Spot on meals every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Have been using Le Raj for around a year now and thoroughly enjoy every meal I have there,am trying to eat my way round the menu but the problem is I enjoy some of the dishes so much I tend to wimp out, many of my friends use the restaurant too and we all agree this place will take some beating. Service is great and staff friendly and helpful and as another reviewer commented the Cobra is chilled just right. Easily the best in the surrounding areas including Cardiff so give this place a shot you won't be disappointed

Best
Jonny P

• Visited May 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, brilliant food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I have been eating at Le Raj for about 18-months now, initially just the Sunday Lunch Buffet, but since we returned to live in Porthcawl some 5-months ago we have eaten occasionally in the evening. One of the good signs of any establishment where customer service is important is stability of staff and at Le Raj you see the same staff every visit, so much so that they recognise the customers and build relationships with them.
Let us start with the Sunday Lunch Buffet; it is not the cheapest in the area (currently £9.95 - April 2013) but the care that goes into producng fantastic food is a joy to customers old and new. Plenty of variety with food that caters for those who like quite hot and spicy food as well as those who prefer the milder versions. The evening menu is different from most Indian restaurants, the quality of the food is tremendous, one of the other reviews I noticed about Le Raj states that this is the best Indian restaurant in the Porthcawl area - how right they are!

• Visited April 2013