Tripadvisor

“Family lunch ”

Franco's Ristorante Vecchio
Ranked #10 of 181 Restaurants in Bridgend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Family lunch for my husband’s birthday. Food was incredible and service excellent. Arancini to start were amazing, pepperoni pizza was fantastic (so good we ordered another to take home), smoked haddock risotto and salmon & prawn tagliatelle were delicious. Can’t recommend this place highly enough. Franco was an amazing host as usual. We’ll be back!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (51)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best restaurant in Bridgend by far.Taken friends,been as a couple and recommended to friends and family.Good choice of menu and excellent service makes Franco's a reataurant we will choose before any other in Bridgend.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank michaeljQ500TA
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Our taxi was an hour late but the staff were still extremely accommodating and welcoming and put us at ease, we were the last ones in the restaurant but kept being reassured there was no rush. Good choice of food on the menu which was delicious.

1  Thank Elle_bh
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Called in for lunch on Friday
Two course menu £14.95
Arancini to start ,which was piping hot very well presented and delicious
Main -ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce , again piping hot and the steak was well presented -delicious
Cooked just right med rare
I was so impressed with the warm welcome,atmosphere,first class Italian cuisine I booked a table for two for Saturday night
Bridgend’s little Italian gem
Book to avoid disappointment as is very busy
Superb restaurant

2  Thank Paulsandwich
Reviewed December 24, 2019

My family has gone to Franco's for years and every year I spend my birthday there. I can honestly say there's no place I would rather spend quality time with my family and enjoy amazing food. Franco and all his staff are always welcoming and friendly. Getting to know Franco over the years has been a pleasure and he's become part of the family. I can't praise Franco and his amazing service enough and I will be eternally grateful for the amazing memories I have made at Ogmore and his new Bridgend restaurant. I can't wait to make many more memories here and enjoy wonderful food.

3  Thank hollieemma2001